PH for water changes in cherry shrimp tank

fishietank

I am changing my shrimp tank water with drip acclimation. The pH in the tank already was 8.2 with my API test kit (I have other pH test strips for lab work and it said 7.5 pH so I don't know which one to trust....) and my water that I'm adding in is reading 7.4-ish. Like I said, I am using drip acclimation, so it's probably 1-2 drops a second. Will this be okay? I do not have crushed coral or any pH products. If I use drip acclimation, will the cherry shrimp acclimate fine?

Also I do not have any products (I don't think) to raise TDS other than fertilizer and I'm using that once a week. Again if I drip acclimate them, if the TDS drops a little, will they be okay?

These questions are for when ever I change the water by the way, which I'm doing weekly.

richiep

You shouldn't have any problems whatsoever by dripping your water
It may be worth while taking a sample to your lfs and see if they can give a true reading although id tend to think the API kit isn't far out
I would also not use two test kits as the chances are they will never be the same result which always classes doubt on your water
There are many here keeping cherry in ph8+ without problems

fishietank

You shouldn't have any problems whatsoever by dripping your water
It may be worth while taking a sample to your lfs and see if they can give a true reading although id tend to think the API kit isn't far out
I would also not use two test kits as the chances are they will never be the same result which always classes doubt on your water
There are many here keeping cherry in ph8+ without problems
Thank you so much, richie! Very very helpful

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ETNsilverstar
  • Question
Replies
Views
richiep
Replies
Views