PH Control?

lopez_316us

Reaction score
Hi Guys its me again. How can i control my PH. I mean my PH is around 7.4 to 7.6. and i will like to know how can i lower my PH. The reason is because I will like to add an angle fish and i now that they like the PH around 6 to 7. Any recommendation?

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Re: PH Contro?

hi lopez,
u can use a pH lowering chemical available at pet shops. sometimes they use phosphate-based chemicals, it can cause algae growth in your tank. pH can also be lowered by plants and fish waste, when they exhale CO2 into the water. however, pH may be difficult to lower in hard water.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score

You do not need to lower your ph unless you have super high or super low levels. Angels will do just fine in your tank as long as you properly acclimate new fish. The only time you should alter your ph is if you have wild caught fish, or for breeding purposes, and that's only for certain species. Adjusting your ph can be unsafe for your fish when it doesn't stay consistent, and it is a lot more work trying to get the ph to match what you have in the tank when doing water changes. I have 4 angels in the same ph you have and they have been just fine for over 2 years.

26.jpg

25.jpg

lopez_316us

Reaction score

Thanks for you help guys!!!! those pictures of the angles are good. those are the one i want to have. i will let you know how it goes when i get my angles. However, any other tips for Angles?

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score

Make sure you have a good maintenance program. They tend to be a little more sensitive to water conditions that most fish. Also, make sure you have a lot of variety in their foods. They love bloodworms, brine shrimp, spirulina, etc., and get a good quality staple food. Omega One and New Lief Spectrum are good brands to look for. The better quality flakes and pellets don't contain fish meal as their first ingredient. Omega One doesn't contain fish meal at all!

www.omegasea.net

Neville

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years

i also want to keep some angels in my new tank. how many oh these can i keep in a 75 gallon tank? i want to keep them in pairs, i mean one male one female like that how can i distinguish between a male and a female angel?

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score

What many folks do is get 6 to start with, and wait and see if you get pairs from them. If you do, then you keep the pair(s) you want, and sell or give away the other fish. Angels are almost impossible to sex unless you actually see them spawning. I started with 7 angels, and got 2 pair out of them. I am down to 4 angels now. 3 of them have died since I got them about 3 years ago, and all is well. I couldn't bear to get rid of any of the after they paired up.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom