PetSuppliesPlus, Niles Ohio

Demonskid
I have 2 fish stores in my area. Pet Smart and Pet Supplies Plus. I prefer Pet Supplies Plus over Pet Smart. Wouldn't buy live fish or plants from them, but their items for other pets are good.

Well last week on Sunday I had thought I had 'Special Ordered' a 40 gallon breeder aqueon tank, as I was told they couldn't order me a 33g long. I was told it would be about 109$ and it would be in with in a week. I can't remember if the man said they'd call me or if I were to call him, so I called just now to check up on my order. I was told they don't special order aquariums, and that the 40g Breeder will only be in stock during their 10$ per gallon sale. Their next 10$ per gallon sale happens in either May or June, the date hasn't been officially set yet. Last year it was in June so I'll bet on that.

There's miss communication somewhere. I was told last week that an order had been placed. This week I was told there was no such thing as a special order. The lady today didn't even ask for my name or any information to even look up my order!

What if they did special order my tank and the lady I just spoke with didn't look at the right information, or ask the right person? I want to put my money I managed to save so far into a paypal goal to keep it safe for my tank, but if they did actually special order my tank and it comes in while my money is in transit to paypal, I'm screwed.

If they didn't special order it, well.. I guess that's fine? The 40g Breeder should be cheaper during the 10$ gallon sale, right? Gives more time for my filter media for the 40g tank to seed. My only concern with this is for the plants I have quarantining in the 1.5g tank I use to keep my shrimp in as it's pretty cramped in there right now. Doesn't help that the stem plants won't stay planted.

I honestly don't know what to feel, or even think about this. My feelings towards my two and only two local fish pet stores were already low and depressing, and they just got worse.

JettsPapa
I'd ask to speak to the manager. I believe you got someone on the phone who didn't know what he was talking about. The other possibility is that the person who took your order didn't know what he or she was talking about. In any case, the manager needs to know about it. If I was the manager I'd want to know about it.

Demonskid
JettsPapa said:
I'd ask to speak to the manager. I believe you got someone on the phone who didn't know what he was talking about. The other possibility is that the person who took your order didn't know what he or she was talking about. In any case, the manager needs to know about it. If I was the manager I'd want to know about it.
I'm trying to get a hold of my neighbor to see if she can tank me up there so I can speak with them in person. I don't do too well over the phone.

Latest threads

Top Bottom