Petsmart's New Topfin Aquaponics Aquarium

Discussion in 'Freshwater Tank Equipment' started by scarface, Apr 14, 2017.

1. scarface

scarfaceFishlore VIPMember

anyone check it out? I didn't examine it too long. All glass and asthetically pleasing. It's like a poor man's aquascaping kit. I'm pretty impressed considering the price point. A decent upgrade for bettas I think.

2. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Looks good!

However is 5 gallon the max? I don't think you will be able to generate enough ammonia! And as always the picture of the fish are a bad example of fish able to live in this size tank!

3. OP
    OP
    scarface

I saw a separate bag of soil that is sold for the aquaponics kit. Not sure if it comes inside the kit. I'm guessing that's where the plants get the majority of their nutrients from. I don't know exactly how the setup works.

4. Al913

Al913Fishlore VIPMember

Are we talking about this: 

5. vikingkirken

vikingkirkenWell Known MemberMember

PetSmart has a whole bunch of aquarium kits they're offering now that can accommodate plants in the filter, as well as the complete aquaponics kit! Following because I'm wondering if anyone has experience with any of them.

6. OP
    OP
    scarface

Yes, pretty sure that's it. They came up with another line of aquariums specifically for bettas. I forgot what it's called but supposedly, the filter is ideal for them.

7. BettaPonic

BettaPonicWell Known MemberMember

I got a smaller model for snails. Looking forward to when my snails hatch.

8. OP
    OP
    scarface

Post a picture whenever you're done with the setup. Would like to see it.

9. BettaPonic

BettaPonicWell Known MemberMember

Thank you, it will not be pretty though. I am getting pretty interested in pond snails lately.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice