Petsmart Problem, Am I Asking Too Much?? Or

Snaily

Hey Fishforum,

I recently purchased an Aqueon 45 Gallon LED Aquarium Ensemble from Petsmart and....
(Aqueon® 45 Gallon LED Aquarium Ensemble | fish Aquariums)

So I got it, brought it home, noticed there were dead crickets in the 'new tank' which was previously their display model I assume as well as a dead cricket within the stand (yeah its weird). So I took a cloth and started wiping them down and vacuumed the bugs and debris out all in all it wasn't too bad, still functional.

Then I saw a scratch on the inside of the tank after wiping it down because I felt it, water literally went through and so I called and had the employee tell me she "checked it" and said "Are you sure it wasn't you". Whatever she says she'll swap it out if I bring it so she can check, whatever all good.

So the next day I call, talk to a different girl. There's no other tank to swap it with and this girl who was really nice ordered another tank and will call when it comes in which is amazing! But then I notice in the Ad on their website it says "Deluxe LED hood" and they gave me a fluorescent hood.... SO if I ask to swap out the fluorescent hood with the LED hood when they get the new tank is that pushing it?

I hate confrontation but am I in the right here? I kinda need a second opinion. Do I push to swap out the hood as well?

Rojer Ramjet

The law is firm - if they advertised it, then have you something else, they've committed the financial crime of "bait and switch."

You've the legal right to the led hood.

varmint

Unless you got a real good deal, because it was a display unit, I would definitely push for the LED hood. Pet Smart are usually pretty good to deal with. Good luck.

Snaily

The law is firm - if they advertised it, then have you something else, they've committed the financial crime of "bait and switch."

You've the legal right to the led hood.
Oh ****, I'll go for it then. Like this whole thing has been shady

Snaily

Unless you got a real good deal, because it was a display unit, I would definitely push for the LED hood. Pet Smart are usually pretty good to deal with. Good luck.

Well I got a good deal but it was reduced on the website so its not like I bargained but yeah I already bought Led lights to use with the hood so I'll try.

varmint

In that case, I agree, go for it.

TexasDomer

Are you trying to grow plants? The LED light likely won't be able to grow much other than the really low light plants, if that's the case.

Snaily

Are you trying to grow plants? The LED light likely won't be able to grow much other than the really low light plants, if that's the case.

I wanted the LED hood to put an Led I bought to use with it but I just said screw it and bought a glass canopy for my 45gallon. It looks better anyway. Still going to get the hood anyway

TexasDomer

You could always sell it or keep it as a back up if the glass lid breaks.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
DarkOne
  • Question
Replies
Views
RedOnion
Replies
Views
mexicatz
Replies