Petsmart/Petco price matching???

Prince Powder
Right now Petco is having a big sale on their testing supplies. Petco has the API Freshwater Master Test kit for only $22.97!!!! That's $7 cheaper than I've seen it anywhere and about 9 or 10 dollars cheaper than they carry it in store. Does anyone know if they would match their online price in store if I take in a print out of it? If not, do you think Petsmart would?? I'd rather buy in store and avoid shipping costs if at all possible.

Advertisement
cwb141
I was able to find the kit for $20 on sale at a pet store. If you can buy it from a store for $25 + tax that will be less than ordering it for $23 + shipping.

Lucy
Petsmart will usually match their online price if you print it out and show them.
In my experience, petco will not match their on line price.

Advertisement
Aquarist
Good morning. My PetCo would not match their on line prices either.
Ken

Prince Powder
So I called up Petco and you're right, they won't match their online pricing. I called Petsmart and the guy on the phone said they would match Petco's online price. I went in and grabbed their last API master kit. When I went to the register the cashier also happened to be a manager at the store. I told him I'd called and was told that they would match the price and gave him the name of the guy I'd spoken to on the phone. Judging by his reaction I don't think they are actually supposed to match the price, but since I'd already been told they would, he changed it for me with no problems. I just hope the poor guys I spoke to doesn't get into trouble!

cwb141
I just got fired from my job at Petsmart today. The manager was upset because I told someone we match online prices from Petco. I didn't expect the guy to come and buy something so quick. Drat...

Amanda
I just got fired from my job at Petsmart today. The manager was upset because I told someone we match online prices from Petco. I didn't expect the guy to come and buy something so quick. Drat...

Shawnie
REMEMBER when buying the apI test kits, even the single bottles, check the LOT#'s on the bottles..theres been ALLOT of kits sold lately that are expired or close to being expired...the way to tell is this....

the last 4 digits of the lot #'s , located on the top right of the bottles, is the month/year they were manufactured...according to tetra, they are good for 3 years from those dates...(I'm a paranoid one and replace mine after a year if they last me that long) ...I know my LFS runs a sale on them often and come to find out, they are expired and they know it!!!!! good luck ! it will be one of your most valuable investments in fishkeeping!

Prince Powder

Prince Powder
REMEMBER when buying the apI test kits, even the single bottles, check the LOT#'s on the bottles..theres been ALLOT of kits sold lately that are expired or close to being expired...the way to tell is this....

the last 4 digits of the lot #'s , located on the top right of the bottles, is the month/year they were manufactured...according to tetra, they are good for 3 years from those dates...(I'm a paranoid one and replace mine after a year if they last me that long) ...I know my LFS runs a sale on them often and come to find out, they are expired and they know it!!!!! good luck ! it will be one of your most valuable investments in fishkeeping!

OOOO Thanks for the warning! Of course reading this had me running to the kitchen to check the dates only to recall I'd put away the test kit in the cabinet right next to the computer! (insert head smacking "DOH!" smiley here)

Everything looks A-OK!

The oldest bottle in the kit is dated 06/09. The newest is 09/09. So even by your "paranoid" standards I have about 5-6 months before I start having panic attacks about expiration dates.

Meenu

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rana Loca
Replies
Views
LowConductivity
Replies
Views
Matt B
Replies
Views