petsmart pamphlets

gammerus

I was thinking, people that work at petsmart do not have to be knolegable about fish to work there right? So of course they end up giving customers bad advise. Well I figure hey, why not create some informational pamphlets on basic fish care (including a compatability chart) and see if petsmart or the lfs won't carry them. Think of all the fish that could be saved. ;D

Timesdragonfly

That is a good idea! I have no clue why they do not have any to begin with! The saddest thing is that they have books on fish keeping right THERE! I know, i've looked throught the books when looking for plants for my tank.
~J~

Phloxface

The Petsmart I go to has pamphlets for every type of fish they have and one of cycling a tank. I've only read the Betta care sheet and most of it I disagree with. For example, they say Bettas "prefer" small bowls and they even say you only need to change the water in the bowl every 3-4 weeks!  Their feeding instructions also say to feed as much as the fish will eat in 2-3 minutes.  (in that amount of time my fish could eat enough to make themselves explode!)
They never even mention that they need heat and filteration or that they'd be happy in a larger tank. They make it seem as if the Betta would rather live in a splash of water and use the tired example of how wild Bettas live in "mud puddles and rice patties"

gammerus

precisely why they need new ones. I have seen theirs and they are vague and inadequate

AesSedai

I volunteer to assist if this is pursued. I can do basic desktop layout, write ok and proofread really well. A nice 3 fold pamphlet template is all that's needed and whoever wanted to could download it and print some out to bring to their local PetSmart

Great idea gammerus

gammerus

wow, sounds great. I should talk to petsmart later and see if they'll have it... if not there are plenty of lfs

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom