Yes
Quarantine?
YES!
List any water conditioners and test kits used:
Prime
API Master Test Kit
Experience
More than 10 years
Do you know of and understand the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle?
Yes
Aquarium Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Nitrite
Skimmer
No
Tank #2 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Tank #2 Ammonia
Tank #2 Nitrite
Tank #3 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Hello. I went to Petco yesterday to get a new 100w marineland stealth heater. The one that came with my 26g just wasn't accurate. It was set at 78 and my tank temp was at 82. I noticed the light not shutting off. So now it's a spare.

The Petco on line website had them listed on sale for 26.99 (originally 37.99)so I printed out their page and took it with me. The lady that helped me said they were not allowed to match the on line price. I told her I would just order it from That Fish Place because their original price is 25.99 and I have a coupon for free shipping. Long story short...she came down in price to 28.99 and I had a $2 off coupon so I got it for 26.99. It's working GREAT and my temp dropped to 79 throughout the course of the day and it's still 79 now. I have stealths in my 155g and I love them. $11 is $11! Love my coupons! (a story for another thread) Thanks for reading!

Lucy

Star Boarder
Reactions
I've found most stores will work with you on matching prices. After all, they want your business.

OP
A

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Nickname
Ken
Gallery
Yes
Quarantine?
YES!
List any water conditioners and test kits used:
Prime
API Master Test Kit
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes
Aquarium Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Nitrite
Skimmer
No
Tank #2 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Tank #2 Ammonia
Tank #2 Nitrite
Tank #3 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Exactly Lucy and good morning. I would of have walked out had she not came down on price. (I have other spare heaters) I knew if I didn't give in she would eventually cave. I live in a VERY small town and I don't think they can afford to lose a sale. It's a new store that just opened a few months ago.

bettafish2816

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Gallery
Yes
Experience
1 year
Yes
Aquarium Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Tank #2 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
Tank #3 Type
Freshwater Fish Only
great deal! I love the stealth's too, I won't buy any other heater now, i've had too many problems with others that i've had.

businesses (not just LFS) are much more willing to price match or even just lower their prices to make a sale with things being the way they are, I know a few friends of mine have actually been able to haggle in stores that you'd never expect.

lousieg55

Reactions
Aquarium Details  
Gallery
Yes
Experience
Just started
I have noticed online latley that Petco and other fish places are having 20-40 percent off normal stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom