Petco & Petsmart members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MtnTiger, Jul 6, 2015.

1. M

MtnTiger Well Known Member Member

I just want to say that I appreciate any Fishlore members that are employees of Petco & Petsmart,

I use both with complete confidence and if any of you feel you are not appreciated I apologize.

It is just the way our society views things now that most large corporations are evil and we tend to forget that most employee's try to do their best at all times.

Anyway thank you for your devotion and keep up the good work!

2. Gvilleguy

Gvilleguy Valued Member Member

As I see you are not too far away from where I live, I would add that without Petco and Petsmart most people in the area would not have access to freshwater fish at all! Most freshwater fish stores closed up years ago. So I'm glad that they still stock live fish.

3. kidster9700

kidster9700 Well Known Member Member

Thank you! I know these two stores get a lot of hate, but honestly any bad info the employees give is because we aren't allowed to tell customers things that the corporation doesn't agree on. I don't want to get in trouble so I won't explain everything I dislike about the workings of it, but I love getting to help beginners with new tanks! It's a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

4. Gvilleguy

Gvilleguy Valued Member Member

Even before I read your post, kidster, I was thinking that Petco and Petsmart probably don't want their employees telling customers, "No, go cycle your tank for a few weeks before buying fish." So I can imagine that knowledgeable employees are tugged in two directions...it would be a tough position to be in.

5. OP
    OP
    M

MtnTiger Well Known Member Member

Amen to that and they are both head and shoulders above my local Walmart and Petland.

I won't even go near their tanks anymore, they are so digusting. Reminds of the ASPCA commercials on TV that are just so heart wrenching.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice