petco or petsmart

plecolover
which do yall like better petco or petsmart?

Advertisement
BettaBuddy ~ Miley
I like Petsmart - its cleaner. Miley

sirdarksol
Petsmart, I won't go to Petco ever since they basically told me I was an idiot for believing that bettas don't live in mud puddles.

Advertisement
BettaBuddy ~ Miley
OMG! Miley

COBettaCouple
petsmart over deathco anyday!

Advertisement
BettaBuddy ~ Miley
me too except we have a petco RITE by our house and my mom doesn't want to drive all the way to Petsmart. :'( :-\ Miley

LaughingOutLoud
PETSMART....obvious choice.....PETCO EMPLOYEES NEED MORE EXPERIENCE

Advertisement
AlisonChristine
PETSMART!

I work there! Employee discount, ftw!

pinky93
PETSMART!!!!!!!!!!

Tom
I have never been in either store believe it or not. I don't think they are here in Canada.
Tom

BettaBuddy ~ Miley
Wow - really?? I love going to petsmart Miley

plecolover
hey alisoncristine do yall sell phoenix worms? if so how much are they?

Semantic Drift
Definitely PetSmart. If we're going by sheer number of dead fish in the tanks, PetSmart hands-down. Also, I like that PetSmart has filtered water for the betta cups. Also - I noticed that one of their otos had an injured nose, and they took it in the back and put it in its own separate 5 gallon quarantine tank with some Melafix (or maybe Pimafix). Anyway, the care shown to that cute little $1.39 fish really sold me on PetSmart.

AlisonChristine
hey alisoncristine do yall sell phoenix worms? if so how much are they?

Pheonix worms? Hmm... I don't know, what form are they sold in, and do they have a more common name?

plecolover
they are sold live. let me redo the question diffrently what live worms do petsmarts usaully sell?

COBettaCouple
yea, i've actually seen them treat bettas there. and after being in several of each, every deathco had dirty tanks with dead fish while petsmart's tanks looked much cleaner and had far less resemblance to a sushI bar. and it's just more fun shopping at petsmart, probably because the aquatic section is so much nicer to look at.

AlisonChristine
they are sold live. let me redo the question diffrently what live worms do petsmarts usaully sell?

We sell night crawlers, wax worms, meal worms, super worms, and I think red wigglers.. but it also might be based on location.

By the way, Petsmart tanks are cleaned using good old-fashioned elbow grease of the little peons that work there, myself included. The tanks at mine were some of the best in the company, cleanliness-wise, and not just due to my work. A few of my coworkers are rather dedicated to actually taking care of the animals, rather than making a profit, and that makes all the difference.

COBettaCouple
yea, I picked up on that at the stores i've been in.. it just seems like the corporate philosophy passed on to employees is better at petsmart and attracts the better workers.. some of whom may have worked at deathco and been frustrated like crazy there.

AlisonChristine
yea, I picked up on that at the stores i've been in.. it just seems like the corporate philosophy passed on to employees is better at petsmart and attracts the better workers.. some of whom may have worked at deathco and been frustrated like crazy there.

Well, it IS a business, so money is a big issue, but it seems like corporate really does care about the conditions of the animals, and will take any reports of animal mistreatment VERY seriously, (even from a low-on-the-totem-pole employee, not that I had any reason to report anything). It's still kind of luck of the draw how the managers decide to follow that (as with any chain store). I happened to luck out with a few really cool managers who really genuinely cared about the animals. It was kind of even, some managers were more money focused, and some were more animal centered, so it balanced out. My last day for the summer was the 11th, but I've been back twice to visit already because I miss it.

missjerm
I used to go to Petsmart more because they were a little bigger and a little cheaper but recently I've been going to a new Petco close to my house. I live in Kingwood, Texas and there is one guy there who has been helping me out for the last few weeks and he's been really good. He's helped me get my tank back up to acceptable water levels and told when it was safe to bring home new fish, etc. He has 3 tanks with lots of fish and he's had some for 5 years! Although I have been checking this forum quite frequently the last few days, I kinda think this guy at Petco knows what he's doing. Maybe it's just a fluke and I got lucky. I felt like the clerks at my Petsmart don't really know that much and don't really care, they are just kids. No offense to any of you highschoolers out there working at pet stores. I'm sure some of you know what you are talking about it. I just feel sometimes being new at this, when you ask people real questions and they look at you like you're from another planet... it makes you want to go somewhere else. But that is just my opinion.

Wolfgang8810
all the petsmarts near me have really dumb people in the fish department. more dead fish and definitely more expensive. the petco is a little further away but their staff are smarter and way more friendly. their fish look healthier too.

Kevin
my petsmart is way better than my petco

Cody
petsmart...they have a bigger selection...well atleast around here... but they don't have any salt water you would have to go to petco or my favorite lfs....which I choose of petco or petsmart anyday

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Poll
Replies
Views
MrFishkeeper1
  • Poll
Replies
Views
Dean
  • Poll
Replies
Views