Petco Luna Flare Beta Fish Injured?

amberfuschetto

Hello! So I used to be a beginner fish keeper in the past and started off with neon tetras, molly's, etc. I came on here almost every other day finding out all about the nitrogen cycle, why HOB filters are more beneficial, and so forth (I had the water testing kits, hob filters, 20g tank, so forth, However, I seemed to get out of the hobby.

The other day I started up a very small 2.5 gallon tank just for the heck of it. I figured I could put some shrimp in it once cycled. However, the filter I have in this tank does not have seperate media, it's just one piece. I know in the years prior I was told to never remove the media as it will break the cycle.
I am wondering if this is the same? I am unsure the name of the filter as it came with the tank.

Now, here's the issue. I went into petco today to try and figure out the name of this tank/filter and came across a Lunar beta. He seems to be laying on his side but then swims around. I am unsure why this is. I have him acclimating to the tank but I know for a fact my tank is not fully cycled as it's only been running for about two days. Petco gave him to me for free and I figured it's better than keeping him in that cup..

What should I do going forward? The tank currently has a heater preset to 78 and a running filter. There's gravel rocks as well as fake plants, though I plan on adding live plants such as moss balls or something else as I know they are better.
Thanks for any help..
The lady at the pet store said it's normal for them to lay on there side, but discounted him at 50%. What do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 13
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 12

BigManAquatics

Clean water will probably be his best friend. Some stores are great at changing the water in those cups, some not so much.

amberfuschetto

Clean water will probably be his best friend. Some stores are great at changing the water in those cups, some not so much.
Do you have any recommendations as far as helping the tank cycle faster? Will be be okay in an uncycled tank?

BigManAquatics

If you do a water chabge evry day or two he should be ok with that.

Rose of Sharon

Congrats on your new betta boy!!! He's a very beautiful shade of blue!!!

It will take a while for that small tank to cycle. It took forever for my 2.7 gallon to cycle, but it finally got there.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
barbiespoodle
  • Question
  • Soorahk
  • Guppy
Replies
Views