Petco honor online prices?

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Does anybody know if petco honors online prices like petsmart does would rather know if they do then have my mom drive me out there and find out they don't?

thanks

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
There is a statement somewhere on their site that says that online prices are NOT guaranteed in store. Which sucks big time. The Python vacuum is $55 in store and $30 online. Huge difference. So Sorry ;D

inuyasha_lover_21

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Petsmart is the same way. I went online and found my filter for $26.00 I went to there store and it was $36.00. What a rip off! >

Gargoyle

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
PetSmart will price match though...

I did it with my heater. Just printed the page and brought it in with me and got it for the online price.. ;D

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hey-- just thought you should know that my petco will now honor online prices. Just print the page and bring it in. Yay!!

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Ok will do that when I go in April, maybe I'll buy something else so it doesn't look so bad.

It's not necessarily a rip off, they have to pay employees and get it shipped to the store then stocked instead of being shipped from their warehouse so obviously the price is going to go up.

Nice that petsmart does it, though check pet suplies plus, they have a section with 50-75% off fish supplies by me, I got a master Saltwater test kit for 7.50, half the price even online.

genie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
They figure that you are just going to buy it online if they don't match. My Petco guy was really nice and said he did the same thing with a cell phone. They were just glad that I wasn't bringing back tainted dog food!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom