Petco dollar per gallon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by westiegirl13, Jul 4, 2016.

1. westiegirl13

westiegirl13 Valued Member Member

Hi guys
    So I've been seeing the petco dollar per gallon posted all over the forums but I can't find anything about it online. I only see 10% off fish tanks... Grr. Please help!

2. T

Trippdj New Member Member

It's only in store

3. OP
    OP
    westiegirl13

westiegirl13 Valued Member Member

I checked their local ads but there's still nothing about it

4. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

You might have to call the store. That's what I did and sure enough, its on.

None of my local ads had it posted either and unlike other times where I got email notifications, I didn't this time around.

5. T

Trippdj New Member Member

I just bought a 55 there on Saturday. They don't advertise it much it's definitely going on though

6. G

G0ne Fishin Valued Member Member

i saw ad in my area valid june 26-Aug 6. im trying talk hubby into a second tank! o.0

7. ashleyb

ashleyb Valued Member Member

It's definitely on. I just picked up a 40 gallon breeder!

8. A

AtreyusMom Valued Member Member

I just spoke to Petco, It's $1 per gallon on 10,20,28,40 and 55 gallon tanks.Tank only, no lids.. wish i had more room!!

9. Lady Monster

Lady Monster Well Known Member Member

Yep it ends August 6! The 10% off you saw was the online price.

10. CROWNTAILBETTA

CROWNTAILBETTA Well Known Member Member

maybe I can convince my mom into getting a third tank!( My mts kicking in.)LOL

11. G

Aquariums are harder than the betcha ya cant eat just one potato chip! It is so hard for me to just have one tank.

12. peregrine

peregrine Valued Member Member

AAANNND this makes me a sad panda.... Was ALL set for bigger tank.. Wife got her dog which was the agreement... AAAANNNNNNDDDDD then we took him to vet for first checkup. YAY over $400 vet bill... ((and that was with banfields insurance plan thing. before that it would have been almost $950)). Guess on a good note.. By the end of it, the cost of everything she may end up having a hard time stopping me from doing like 120 gal SW FOWLER/prep for reef tank... And she was telling me having a large SW aquarium was going to be expensive...

13. Mothercrow

Mothercrow Well Known Member Member

I was in my Petco on Saturday, there was practically no advertising. As a matter of fact, I missed the sign and my husband pointed it out to me. It was a small notice stuck inside one of the aquariums.

14. G

so did you get a new tank lol

15. peregrine

peregrine Valued Member Member

Don't have the money for it/Don't want to take money away from my 3 year olds Birthday party in 2 weeks... Already showed her what I'm getting.. she started to object, I just looked at the bag from banfield and then to the dog..... yeah.. probably wasn't the best answer on my part...... Think she's mad at me now..

EDIT: Although I'm being nice and not doing the 100+ gal tank, just like a 50-65.... Want to rehome the FW fishes into a bigger nicer home first... And get them some more friends.. that and we really don't have room for a tank that size...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  16. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS Well Known Member Member

Can also confirm it is going on, it seems they do their best to hide the fact that the sale is going on, even in store they don't advertise it other than a small tag on the tanks.
    I picked up a 40B on friday.

17. Mothercrow

Mothercrow Well Known Member Member

Oh boy that's a complicated question. The short answer is, not yet. But I came very close with a 40 breeder...

18. M

Machine11 Well Known Member Member

In so jealous of you guys in the u.s when you have these

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice