Petco Dollar Per Gallon

1. Kwig Well Known Member Member

The Dollar Per Gallon sale will grace your local Petco as well as a 20% sale on fish (have to double check if it's all livestock, plants, and corals, or select fish.) The dates of the sale is

July 8th - 10th!
    Coming soon but just enough time to plan your next tank ;)

2. Aludar Member Member

That's awesome but sad news at the same time, still need to stock the tank I have. Thanks for the heads up though. :;toast

3. JGombs99 Well Known Member Member

Does the sale include bowfront tanks or is it just regular shaped tanks?

4. Jim Well Known Member Member

Usually 10, 20H, 20L, 40B and 55 gallon, and maybe 29 s.

5. JGombs99 Well Known Member Member

Oh, man! Unfortunately none of those are likely to fit in my bedroom where I was hoping to possibly get something for!

Well, actually, a 20H would fit in my space, but I'm not sure it's large enough to house anything I really like. I'm really looking to do something that showcases an Angel.

6. kingguppy9000 Member Member

I get stuff of craigslist usually, last score I got was two 10s, one 20L, and one 55 gallon reptile tank with stand, for a total of 40 bucks. Before that it was a 125 gallon tank with stand for 100 bucks.

Look for a big one with a leak, they are cheap and can usually by fixed with silicone. Just be sure to ask where it leaks and if they have photos.

7. Kwig Well Known Member Member

Just to confirm, sale is for all open glass Aqueon tanks in following sizes:
    10, 20 high, 20 long, 29, 40 breeder, and 55 gallon.
    JGombs99 will a 29 not fit? I think that's the minimum size for an angel. It's a good sized tank, the shape makes the most of the space when working with limited space.

8. JGombs99 Well Known Member Member

I'll re-measure the spot I'd like to put it in. I think it'll be too close to put it there, though. A 29 would fit length wise on the wall that's at the foot of my bed, but I'm not sure if it will give me enough room between the bed and tank to add fish, change decor, water, etc. as I only have about 20" from the bed to the wall.