Petco Dollar Per Gallon Sale?

1. Aster

Aster Well Known Member Member

What is going on with this sale? If you check the local ads for stores in California, they have the sale, but check ads for other states and apparently it's only 10% off?

Screenshot (922).png Screenshot (923).png

???

2. Cef

Cef Valued Member Member

Read in reddit from an employee that DPG sale is only for in house. Online is 10% off. Try calling nearest petco for confirmation. And also that if your local petco has 75g , i think it is included in sales according to him/her,

3. OP
    OP
    Aster

I heard that the 75g is only available in some stores, not all. And still, if the sale were in house only, why would the local ads in California list DPG sale while other ads don't?

On top of that, apparently a few days Petco announced a date for the sale on their FB page then later deleted the comment and covered up their tracks. Very odd.

I will try to call later.

4. DanB80TTS

DanB80TTS Well Known Member Member

I need a 40B so if the sale is on i need to make the trip to Petco

5. Junne

Junne Fishlore Legend Member

I'm in California and I don't even see the sale yet. This ad was for May........ I thought I heard that ours starts in July?????

1 per gallon petco.JPG

6. OP
    OP
    Aster

Yeah it's been really, really weird. Check a local ad though, the sale should be listed on there.

7. Junne

That IS the local ad we get here..... Nothing about any 1.00 per gallon sale - I usually get an email on those anyway since I am subscribed and so far nothing............

8. OP
    OP
    Aster

Oh, my bad then. That ad was also what I got when I looked up the sale, it still seems to be stuck on the previous sale.

If you look at the photos I attached to the first post of a store in San Francisco, it shows the sale though...

9. Junne

Well San Francisco is a whole other story! LOL - I think the sale is different from County to County - I live 60 miles away from SF and we don't always get the same sales as they do....... No idea why!

10. OP
    OP
    Aster

:;smack Oh Petco, what are you doing? I was under the impression that this sale was supposed to be nationwide. It seems a little unfair that some places have it but others don't...

11. Junne

Well picked up a 10 gallon today. Not really that great of a deal at only 25% off the regular price but I'll take it! The store had no advertisements or anything to even indicate a $1.00 per gallon sale. HOW ODD is that????????

12. OP
    OP
    Aster

Darn, really? I saw the other thread about it and weren't those people getting the sale?

How much did the 10g end up costing?

13. Junne

I DID GET the sale.
    The sale was the $1.00 per gallon and it was $10.00 plus tax of $1.27
    Regular price is $14.99 + tax

Not really a great sale by all means! They make it sound so inviting by saying $1.00 per gallon when in reality, you buy a hood/lights and you end up paying less as a kit that at least includes the filter, etc.....

14. l

littleredridingmech Valued Member Member

I got an email two days ago about it, if anybody wants to pm me I can forward it to you. They should accept the sale if you show the ad.

15. Grimund

Grimund Well Known Member Member

But we wind up replacing everything in the kit anyway. The $/gal is for larger tanks that usually cost more than a few bucks over the regular price

16. maggie thecat

maggie thecat Well Known Member Member

I got a 40 breeder tonight in East TN. No matching covers to be had, and as far as I could tell, they didn't have any more accessories than usual. Drs Smith and Foster have them in stock.

They had no signage on the door, just a sale plackard on the usual stack of Aqueon tanks.