Petco Dollar A Gallon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goldiemom, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Goldiemom

Goldiemom Well Known Member Member

My Petco is having their dollar/gallon sale. Check yours out!

2. Fashooga

Fashooga Fishlore VIP Member

Shame they only go up to 55g...Can you imagine coming home with a 125g tank? "Honey look what I got for $125, a 125g tank...boom!"

3. lilabug4545

lilabug4545 Well Known Member Member

In my store, the 40s and 55s are only half off, too. Whelp. Better get back to posting on Craigslist. I can typically get a tank for 50c-$2 a gallon, depending on if it's a setup, has fish in it, etc. Bare tanks typically get 50c a gallon, which is great for my little guys.

4. Alex6455

Alex6455 Valued Member Member

Just noticed too. Wish I had space for another tank xD

5. OP
    OP
    Goldiemom

I have about 35 goldfish fry in a 10G right now. I think I have to keep them until they are about 4 months old before the LFS will take them. I should go get a 20G at least. DO NOT DRIVE HOME IN THAT DIRECTION! DO NOT DRIVE HOME IN THAT DIRECTION....

6. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

The sale has been going on for 2 weeks now and ends 4/28. It seems like they have this sale every other month now.

40g and 55g are half off. Still a great deal ($50 and $65 respectively). Some stores (usually bigger stores) have 75g for $90.

7. alicia_lynn

alicia_lynn Valued Member Member

Any Canadians figured out how to smuggle them in yet?

8. JLeeM

JLeeM Well Known Member Member

I have been into my PetCo I think 3 times during this $1 per gallon sale, and have had to grit my teeth and fight hard to leave EVERY time without a new tank. I've wanted to grab another 10 and 20 long for quarantine tanks, a 15 to upgrade my crayfish to, and a 29 just because it's a nice size and I want it. Lol.

9. DarkOne

DarkOne Well Known Member Member

Drop ship from that little plane of yours? :p

My dad was a fighter pilot and growing up, we'd rent a Cessna 182 on the weekends.

I hear ya. I'm thinking of picking up an extra 10g and 20g long just to have as spares.

10. JLeeM

Not going to lie, I thought about that too.

11. OP
    OP
    Goldiemom

I’m so weak...I went to Petco for a bottle of Stability. I broke down and bought a 20G long while the dollar a gallon sale was still on. It’s justified though because I need more space for the 50 goldfish fry I have. Is there a fishaholics anonymous?

12. JLeeM

Of course there's such a thing as fishaholics anonymous. It's called Fishlore!!! Lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice