Petco Bettas

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Blue, orange, brown, black, sometimes blue and black, orange and black, or orange and blue!

WishyFishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here's my DT male Ripley:
image.jpg

He was a unplanned Petco find. I just fell in love when I saw him He has bright blue eyes. My profile pic is also one of him.

Genavelle

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Grimund said:
Now why can't I ever find an eye popping one like him? He's very vibrant and I love how flashy he is.

Seri, DP sounds like a very entertaining fish to watch. I manage to get the animals that are strange too, just figured with my first fish it'd be different, but nope. I just caught mine acting like a dog. Took his food in his mouth and swam away with it before he decided to eat. He also enjoys sitting in the sand wrapped in a leaf. I'll never figure him out.
I know! We had a free tank, and decided to get another betta. A lot of our bettas are blue/red/black color variations, and 1 white female. I was tired of all the dark colors and wanted to get a really bright, different one. I dragged my fiance to FOUR pet stores looking at bettas lol. But when I found this guy, I had to bring him home- I mean how often do you find yellow bettas??

Grimund

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Genavelle said:
I know! We had a free tank, and decided to get another betta. A lot of our bettas are blue/red/black color variations, and 1 white female. I was tired of all the dark colors and wanted to get a really bright, different one. I dragged my fiance to FOUR pet stores looking at bettas lol. But when I found this guy, I had to bring him home- I mean how often do you find yellow bettas??
I've seen all white, reds, blues, and purple/blue/red blacks. First I've seen a yellow. Haven't quite seen Titan's colors either. He's quite soft on the colors and the dark bronze too, but a lot of others I've seen similar are darker/bolder.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
These are a couple of the boys at my local petco; I did not buy them, I just took a couple pictures to show them off.
image.jpg
this boy is a plakat male, he has some kind of genetic issue where he is partially flared all the time (so when he looks at you straight on he looks a little mad lol). He has been at the store for three weeks as of now.
image.jpg
beautiful male, not sure what fin types, but his coloring is butterfly.
image.jpg
gorgeous (pineapple) elephant ear male, he was posing. Sadly I have no more places to put tanks so I can't get any of them. I have a couple more pictures for showing off but i'll have to post them after i get them off my phone..

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a serious problem. I think I need a therapist. Genavelle, Solis's brother?
Two new additions, yellow was at PetCo for over a month and mustard gas was there for almost 2.
I saw this guy and was tempted to get him, but didn't.
I'm thinking of breeding the mustard gas to my yellow koi female and the yellow to one of my golden HM girls.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Slow down Flowingfins, your out of tanks so let your current spawns go out before planning the next breeding pair. lol, I know how much of an addiction it is (man i need to show you the platinum delta male..), but we'll have to curb it just for a little while so you can sort everything out before you get over your head, right?

WishyFishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow Mcasella, those are all beautiful! If I saw that butterfly in my local store he probably would have come home with me lol I hope someone takes them all soon.

Fins, where are you putting all of these bettas They are really pretty though

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I'm making a rule(I'll probably break it) not to buy any more bettas until I set up the barracks.
I seriously need to stop though, I've considered selling all my other fish so I can have even more bettas, but I like them, so they're not going anywhere.
Wishy, if you must know...
Top is the yellow boy's "tank" until I can move the babies into the 20 I have.
Bottom two are fry tanks
Ignore the nasties on the bottom, it's mostly IAL.
20 long sorority with 9 girls
5 gallon chi with one betta
Mustard gas on top of another 10
Each 10 holds 3 males.
18 adults total, around 150 babies.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sorry got the rest of them off my phone.
image.jpg
double shot of these two, both were very pretty but i was getting strange looks for taking pictures of the bettas and not taking one with me.
image.jpg
pretty little red white and blue male, double tail. possibly hm.
image.jpg
platinum/gold delta tail male, very nice metallic look to him
image.jpg
most likely platinums brother, they were side by side on the racks.
image.jpg
some kind of dragon scale (most likely double tail with the longer dorsal), he was not very happy as he was at the top of the racks where he could see another male on each side
image.jpg
platinum/gold butterfly, nice he was a little shyer
image.jpg
mr. red and white butterfly male didn't want to turn sideways and let me get a good shot of his form - though he did flare out his fins a little at the camera/phone
image.jpg
nice deep blue male, hm or delta can't remember - he is a lovely fish as are all the rest too.

Attachments

Crucio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Mcasella, I would have had a hard time not taking the plakat home. I've been growing more and more fond of them lately lol

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Crucio said:
Mcasella, I would have had a hard time not taking the plakat home. I've been growing more and more fond of them lately lol
Yeah I feel a little bad, because I know he has been there for a couple weeks already (he was there before the last time i had to be at work - rain sucks for me lol) but I don't have a place to put him, so I can't get him and give him a good home. The first plakat I had was Goldfish(Koi)- a silver and orange male that looked very much like a koi fish - he sadly died on me, though I have a picture of him on here!

Crucio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He was a very pretty fish, I'm sorry he died. My betta, Napalm, just recently died and I know how hard that is.

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Crucio said:
He was a very pretty fish, I'm sorry he died. My betta, Napalm, just recently died and I know how hard that is.
I actually had to euthanize him, it was very heartbreaking because I seriously tried to save him and it wasn't helping so I decided it was better than letting him drown (what he had was growing up over his fins and paralyzing his body and would take no time to get to his gills and stop their functioning), I cried because I failed him. But It was better to end his suffering than to let him struggle to even swim or breathe properly. They have so much personality and love to have the same attention as a dog, it is a really nice thing to be able to bond with your fish - even my girls react well to me.
I'm sorry you lost your Napalm.

Crucio

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I understand, it was a chlorine spike. I totally get feeling like you failed your baby. At least with euthanasia, it was a quick death and he didn't suffer to much. Their personalities are amazing, part of why I love them.

Annie424

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
My first 2 bettas came from a LFS, and they didn't change much color-wise from when I first got them. My current bettas came from PetSmart, and the change in them over a few weeks has been nothing short of amazing - they both look like different fish now...as in it almost blows your mind completely different-looking fish. Honestly, while I have some issues with supporting big box stores, where bettas are concerned my local PetSmart has a wider variety and healthier-looking bettas overall than the local stores.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom