Petco Bettas

Avaismyfava1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I picked up this little guy today at PetCo and I was wondering about your guys' findsimage

PetLover418

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
He's a stunner!
All 3 of my female betas looked stressed when I got them. 1st is blue with red highlights(veiltail), 2nd is metallic blue and black(?), 3rd is red, white, and turquoise upper sides(plakat?). No pictures because the app won't let me. All from petco over the past yr

(Sorry. Picture link was too long)

Avaismyfava1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those sound beautiful! How are they looking now? I can definitely understand why they look stressed. I'm not allowed to go into PetCo because I always walk out with a new betta in an attempt to save him! I went in today to get mice for my snake and the freezer was near the fish section.... Oops?!?

Flowingfins

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
HAHAHAH never ask me to show you my bettas
This is purple girl(no name yet...)
This is a Ct female, she is very pretty in person, a blue/green grizzle. No name
This is margo, I think she's a comb tail.
This is Smaug
This is my HM koi female, no name.
This is Takumi, he has some fin rot right now:/
This is a cambodian DT(no name)
Another unnamed CT
These are just my petstore bettas... Not all are from PetCo, I've lost track of who came from where

Your boy is BEAUTIFUL!

Mcasella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I have a number of both petco and petstore bettas - grizzle; my blue/black marble with bits of white, metallica; my metallic pink/purple overwash cambodian female - the rest are from either the petstore (Sprite, Blueberry, Raine, Ghost), over seas (yellow koi, unnamed), shipped to me (ace, five other unnamed), or petsmart (Little Jon, my blue marble ct female). I've not had the most luck with petco bettas making it long for whatever reason (go out for work for week or more, so left in another's hands), I do happen to find beautiful ones at my local petco though.

Avaismyfava1

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I totally get it Flowingfins. I would love to have that many babies right now!!

I've either had terrible experiences or great experiences when it comes down to pet store fish. I'll have to make a thread about one particular fish who may or may not have lived the good life in my 6th grade locker

cooneyms

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Here's Halley, he was a Petco find! I'm lucky to have a Petco near me that isn't completely clueless about fish. The aquatics manager is definately a fish guy. Their bettas are just about always in clean water (if you show them one that isn't or is dead, everyone gets an immediate water change) and I've even had them ask me what tank size I had before they sold me livestock. Their info about the nitrogen cycle is questionably incomplete but at least they mention it at all! They don't do everything right since they have to follow corporate's rules, but it's the best one I've been to! I don't feel horrid about buying my shrimp or the occasional betta there.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Attachments

Toxickissez20

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
This is my pretty boy Prince. I got him the same day the singer Prince passed. His colors reminded me of him so bam his name became Prince lol. I can't get a really good pic of his color because he is very active lol. He's a pretty lavender color and has spots on his fin. The cashier congratulated me on picking such a pretty Betta. Such a peaceful boy.

Attachments

mg13

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Toxickissez20 said:
This is my pretty boy Prince. I got him the same day the singer Prince passed. His colors reminded me of him so bam his name became Prince lol. I can't get a really good pic of his color because he is very active lol. He's a pretty lavender color and has spots on his fin. The cashier congratulated me on picking such a pretty Betta. Such a peaceful boy.
wow, amazing

safiliel

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I got my boy Kaida last week from a petsmart, he is the prettiest little guy I have ever seen in my opinion, I am so happy with him. His name means Little Dragon because his colors reminded me of fire under blue scales.
image.jpg

Grimund

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I got Titan from my LFS because he was too pretty to leave there. He's quite the find, longfin dragonscale with awesome coloring. The local Petco and Petsmart had some pretty healthy looking betta and a larger variety of fin types, but none of them had caught my son's attention there.

Sery

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Both of my bettas were from Petco (That store is within walking distance from my apartment.... its a dangerous thing!)

This here is Deadpool. He is a rose tail betta, who is afraid of everything, and hides behind things when he sees his reflection rather than flare....

And this is Little Dude (Name still may change in the future!) He was a baby betta, and now look at him! Quite the feisty one, complete opposite of Deadpool.

Grimund

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Genavelle said:
I just found this yellow halfmoon betta at Petco last weekend! I named him Solis

image.jpg
Now why can't I ever find an eye popping one like him? He's very vibrant and I love how flashy he is.

Seri, DP sounds like a very entertaining fish to watch. I manage to get the animals that are strange too, just figured with my first fish it'd be different, but nope. I just caught mine acting like a dog. Took his food in his mouth and swam away with it before he decided to eat. He also enjoys sitting in the sand wrapped in a leaf. I'll never figure him out.

PetLover418

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
What are all yout guys' bettas' eye colors? 2 of mine have orange/brown. My other has half turquoise/half white

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom