Pet ratties

Shrimpgeek

Member
Hi, I just wanted to show off my pet ratties. Please post a picture of your ratties and their names. Acorn, Mac, and Mando.
IMG_20200430_150910877.jpg

IMG_20200421_100845342.jpg

IMG_20200421_100853276.jpg

 

CichlidFreak7000

Member
Awww, I wish my parents would let me get a rat. Yours are very pretty
 
  • Thread Starter

Shrimpgeek

Member
Thank you so much!
 

skar

Member
Love Rats !!

20200411_102353.jpg

20191214_080616.jpg
 

flyinGourami

Member
Love love love love love love love love love love rats, they are my favorite rodent. I tried to convince my mom but her argument was that the rat would escape the cage and make holes in our house or something.
 
  • Thread Starter

Shrimpgeek

Member
bgntoc said:
Love love love love love love love love love love rats, they are my favorite rodent. I tried to convince my mom but her argument was that the rat would escape the cage and make holes in our house or something.
That's goofy. Mine love to ride around on my shoulder, and go to the park and into town. Just keep trying! My Dad still doesn't like them a lot, but he finally agreed. If you can get them, try to get them from a shelter,or someone who doesn't want theirs anymore. I got mine from someone who was moving out of state.

skar said:
Love Rats !!

20200411_102353.jpg

20191214_080616.jpg
Are these yours? What are their names? The first one looks like a Dumbo...
 

skar

Member
Shrimpgeek said:
That's goofy. Mine love to ride around on my shoulder, and go to the park and into town. Just keep trying! My Dad still doesn't like them a lot, but he finally agreed. If you can get them, try to get them from a shelter,or someone who doesn't want theirs anymore. I got mine from someone who was moving out of state.


Are these yours? What are their names? The first one looks like a Dumbo...
Yes they are mine... well I share with the family.
The dumbo is named mittens and the grey one is mousey.

And to bgntoc The grey one runs around our house like a dog and will come to you like a dog as well.

The dumbo has a completely different personality and when her feet hit the floor she will hide and not come out.
But she's lazy and likes to be held.

I've had more than one escapes which are completely avoidable.
They don't or haven't chewed holes in walls.
They have chewed through a lamp wire and the air line tubing on the tank.

Other than that pretty harmless and fairly easy to get them back if they do get out. Just a fyi
 

flyinGourami

Member
skar said:
Yes they are mine... well I share with the family.
The dumbo is named mittens and the grey one is mousey.

And to bgntoc The grey one runs around our house like a dog and will come to you like a dog as well.

The dumbo has a completely different personality and when her feet hit the floor she will hide and not come out.
But she's lazy and likes to be held.

I've had more than one escapes which are completely avoidable.
They don't or haven't chewed holes in walls.
They have chewed through a lamp wire and the air line tubing on the tank.

Other than that pretty harmless and fairly easy to get them back if they do get out. Just a fyi
Cool! I'm just afraid that if they DO escape(I have a big cage and I don't think they are strong enough but I could be wrong) they'll run into spiders or get stuck or climb up and fall.
 

skar

Member
bgntoc said:
Cool! I'm just afraid that if they DO escape(I have a big cage and I don't think they are strong enough but I could be wrong) they'll run into spiders or get stuck or climb up and fall.
Spiders would be rat food !!
Rats are pretty nimble and resilient.

The grey one (mousey) jumps off the kitchen counter to the floor without any injuries.

Mine were feeders. I pick them out by personality.
The one that wants me is the one I take home.
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom