Pet Poll

?

Which rodent is the best pet? (you can vote for more than one if you can't decide!)

1. Mouse

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Rat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Hamster

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Guinea Pig

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Gerbil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Chinchilla

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

I'll be interested to see what everyone chooses. I've only had mice and gerbils, but out of the two I've found that mice tend to be more affectionate. Of course, the mice were girls and the gerbils were boys, and of course girls are always much nicer ;) ;D

2. FishFan Member Member

I had a tiny little black female mouse...she was adorable as so sweet! I've heard that rats are also very sweet pets, but yeah, I'm one of those that can't get past the tail ;) Gerbils are sweet, but Hamsters are b*tchy-never liked them crabbies, even as a kid! But still (not a rodent) a baby bunny, about 3 weeks old is the cutest baby animal (in my opinion)!!!!!! I used to breed rabbits-talk about a show :eek:! LOL ok-I'm older, I forget sometimes ;)

3. Craig Well Known Member Member

gerbils r so active so thats what i picked but hamsters would b my 2nd choice bill and ben passed away a few months ago they were legends hamsters i had did well the 1st 1 i had i was about 7 they last 1 i had i was 15 it was good i love animals

4. onelovie Member Member

I've had hamsters, gerbils, guinea pigs and then more hamsters. Even a couple of batches of hamster babies! Not all of my hamsters were as friendly as the others...they definitely require a lot of handling. Now I have cats and I'm sure if I got another hamster, my cats would think I was buying them the world's best toy. So, for now, I'll stick to cats and fish! I'm sure I haven't had my last rodent pet, though!

5. 0morrokh Fishlore VIP Member

Wow, a lot of people have voted for mice! I'm actually not that surprised. I've had six of them. They were the sweetest little things, always begging to be held. I actually taught them to run the hurdles--I made a track out of cereal boxes cut in half, and used little plastic jumps that came with model horses as the hurdles. They loved it--and their range of talents were amazing. Snow could jump higher than any other mouse, and Calli could jump so far! Fog would just jump anything without hesitation. Speaking of sports, I'm gonna teach my fish to play soccer...okay I'll shut up now :p

6. Craig Well Known Member Member

lol :D :D ah thats funny mice sound really cool ive never had them b4

7. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

I've had mice but they always managed to escape and one I dropped and broke it when I was very small but you just cant beat rats! They get soooo tame and they're really affectionate. They are quite demanding but worth the effort. My rat, Richard used to sit on my shoulder in my hair all day and I would go into the shops and nobody would even know he was there heehee ;D