Pet Mice, What To Feed?!

Kysarkel000

Well Known
HI there, what should I feed pet mice? I want to get a few and wondered what they eat? Can I feed them a good quality hamster food I have leftover? How about guinea pig food? I also have kaytee rat/mouse pellets and I know to give fresh veggies. Is there anything I should specifically avoid feeding them?

Thanks in advanced!!

Advertisement
I’d buy Oxbow rat/mouse food. Don’t go with Guinea Pig food because it has a lot of vitamin C.

Advertisement
I’d buy Oxbow rat/mouse food. Don’t go with Guinea Pig food because it has a lot of vitamin C.
Thanks! Is the hamster food okay to use with the oxbow do you think?

And do you know of things to avoid? I know grapes, raisens, chocolate, people foods...

The gold standard in zoological institutions is Purina Rodent Chow! I fed that as a staple, with added veggies and whatever. They're basically omnivores, but light on the fat or protein. They love BUGS too!

Great! Thanks! I'll throw them some crickets and meal works as treats then!
The gold standard in zoological institutions is Purina Rodent Chow! I fed that as a staple, with added veggies and whatever. They're basically omnivores, but light on the fat or protein. They love BUGS too!
Great! Thanks! And I'll throw them some crickets and meal works as treats then!

Advertisement
Great! Thanks! I'll throw them some crickets and meal works as treats then!Great! Thanks! And I'll throw them some crickets and meal works as treats then!
You'll see what little hunters they are!

In case yous still have some questions about what you should feed them, here is a good link:

In case yous still have some questions about what you should feed them, here is a good link:
Thank you! I'll check it out! I'm always on the lookout for out for a better diet plan with all of my pets. I want to provide them with the helthiest life I can give them ️

Hey, quick question! I've got a hedgehog I feed baby food, do you think I could give some to the mice as well? It's just mashed up fruits, veggies and meats.. and obviously I'd still give mostly their normal foods

Thanks again!

Hey, quick question! I've got a hedgehog I feed baby food, do you think I could give some to the mice as well? It's just mashed up fruits, veggies and meats.. and obviously I'd still give mostly their normal foods

Thanks again!
They'd love it! But fresh crunchy food is better for their rodent teeth. It'd be a nice treat

I always throw in a few carrots and some kale for my mice every once in awhile, they also enjoy sunflower seeds, but a base of oxbow food is the best option.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ThePetPavilion
Replies
Views
caitlinemm
Replies
Views
Momgoose56
Replies
Views