Pesticides- Tanks- Advice?

1. sassymomma

sassymomma Well Known Member Member

I need to have pest control in, for bedbugs, which are so rampant in my area that there have been mattresses up and down my street going out to garbage all summer

I don't have them bad, but I don't plan to either....

I have my tanks in the dining room, and they said they will not do the kitchen or dining room.....but the Betta tank is right by the living room door, which will be treated, and the sorority is not far from a bedroom (one story)

What precautions should I take to keep the fish safe? If I put a garbage bag/Saran wrap over the tanks, will the fish be fine?

Grandma is babysitting the cats, and could if I asked take the smallest tanks but a 38with all it's stock is not really movable

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Hmm, that might work if it's temporary. Something like a big blanket or towel might also be okay.

3. OP
    OP
    sassymomma

they said to have pets out of the house for 4 hours. So I'm thinking that tanks will need to be protected for the same amount of time....I might move the small bettas to Grandma's house, as I'll be able to bag up the bettas in there. The sorority is the one I'm worried about

4. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Tank should be fine wrapped up for 4 hours.

My tank what I'd probably try to do is put an airpump outside, running into the wrapped up tank. Just a little hole to let the air out.

5. OP
    OP
    sassymomma

I could try that......20' of airline should do it, if I left my pump in the window between the screen and window

Maybe run a second airline into the fish cabinet to let air out, without letting gas in?

6. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Yeah, could do that if you want. Can just have the outlet airline venting into the room, as long as the airpump keeps running that will always have airflow out so nothing will come back through it. I think you'll have a lot of restriction on the line from the airpump to the tank so the little restriction on airflow out won't be your limiting factor in airflow.