Pest Control And Fish Equipment

coderedjulia

Valued Member
Reaction score
Every few months my apartment does a routine pest spray in the apartments. I was thinking I should leave my equipment outside my apartment till they are done spraying. How long should I wait to bring it back inside?

finnipper59

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
coderedjulia said:
Every few months my apartment does a routine pest spray in the apartments. I was thinking I should leave my equipment outside my apartment till they are done spraying. How long should I wait to bring it back inside?
I do the same thing. My exterminator just told me to open windows to allow the chemicals to finish drying and allow any fumes to escape allong with the smell for about 2 hours. But he pointed out to me that he only sprays surfaces. He tells us to remove things from clothing drawers so he can spray inside them. He sprays all along the trim on the walls tjat are near the floor and so on. But doesn't use any bombs or do any type of air spraying. He said that the smell or fumes of what he sprays are not really that toxic except for competing for oxygen until aired out because the toxins dry in place where the chemicals are sprayed. I kept the plastic bag my mattress came in to cover my tank. He said I could leave my canister filter running, but recommends unplugging all air pumps until the place has aired out.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom