Personality?!

BatGrl3

I'm new to fish and I'm thinking of getting a convict cichlid. I've been trying to research their personalities and if they recognize owners and are interactive. Can anybody give me some information based on their personal experience? Thanks!!!!

kallililly1973

No experience with them but I hear they are prolific breeders and tough to get rid of the fry and can become very aggressive towards other tank mates if they do breed. I'm sure others will chime in with real life experiences with them sorry I can't be more help. Not on my list of fish to keep personally. They are amazing looking though!

BatGrl3

kallililly1973 said:
No experience with them but I hear they are prolific breeders and tough to get rid of the fry and can become very aggressive towards other tank mates if they do breed. I'm sure others will chime in with real life experiences with them sorry I can't be more help. Not on my list of fish to keep personally. They are amazing looking though!
I'm comically torn between a convict cichlid and a betta. Talk about opposites in terms of appearance

WrenFeenix

If you get a female, they can be pretty colorful. The males can get a goofy nuchal hump. Convicts need bigger tanks than bettas though, so you could choose based on how big of a tank you can get if that's a possible restriction.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom