Personality Differences In Fish From Different Sources

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tracyree, Apr 20, 2018.

1. tracyree

tracyreeNew MemberMember

I have two sets of German Rams. One pair I got from a reputable breeder, the other from a lfs.

The ones from the breeder are always in the front of the tank, always eager for food, never hiding. The ones from the store ALWAYS hide.

I've had them about a month now, so they've had time to settle in. I'm amazed at the difference. I assume it's from breeding practices?? I guess there isn't anything I can do for the shy pair.

2. Stryphe89New MemberMember

GBR are notorious for being way over bred in the aquarium trade and are very prone to diseases much like dwarf gourami. I had the same issue with a pair I bought from my lfs. These are fish you definitely want to buy from a reputable source... always. Now, if only there were one near me... lol

3. OP
    OP
    tracyree

tracyreeNew MemberMember

Its really amazing the difference. The breeder wasn't near me, I had to have them shipped. Wish I hadn't have gotten the lfs ones, thy make me sad :(

4. Stryphe89New MemberMember

Yeah... you could try returning shy ones, then. Do you mind if I asked where you purchased your other GBR from?

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  5. OP
    OP
    tracyree

tracyreeNew MemberMember

germanbluerams.com

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice