Person Sprayed Ton Of Air Freshener In Room!

Discussion in 'Aquarium Water' started by SFGiantsGuy, Apr 24, 2019.

1. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

My stepmom's stupid, stupid, STUPID friend...sprayed a TON of air freshener in my entire room and pretty sure some of that ended up in my tank, (open top, Finnex Planted + lights) because the tank water was a bit cloudy, since yesterday when she was in there, and I know for a fact, that is NOT from a dirty tank, or a bacterial bloom. And all the fish are acting NOT themselves, very erratic and weird and just.....not the norm. (sulking, fast breathing etc.) Gonna do a big water change and throw some carbon in here...STUPID, STUPID, STUPID brainless blockhead!!! >:-( Help. Please.

2. bryangarWell Known MemberMember

How are we supposed to help? lol

3. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

I'm so annoyed here...I gotta log off...and I'm the toughest guy in the entire world to annoy ...but this is...about a 10...

Anything like that ever happen to anyone besides me?!

I just got this tank up in running again after my former tank's leak after only 1 day, and now...it's in dire jeopardy again, due to her carelessness...hopefully the animals will survive though...! (^_^)-b

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
  4. Annie59Well Known MemberMember

Why was she in your room spraying anything? Got a ton of dirty socks? J/K! But to be honest I wouldn't call her stupid just ignorant about aquariums.

5. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Well...anyone could easily see an open-top aquarium. Guess she didn't until it was too late. Well, the neighbors were smoking weed (I live in Colorado etc. lol) and the smell, which I hate as well, (I don;t drink or smoke anything) was starting to permeate everywhere in the house. So she decided to spray all the rooms in the house. MAYBE some of it got into the tank...which I tihnk it may have...gonna wait until tomorrow to proceed with further remedial steps...

If all of my fish die or something due to a toxic, foreign chemical...I'll be super annoyed..not sure how anyone could NOT see a large, open-top aquarium...a blind man could practically see that!

2 days ago, my tank was destroyed by sealant failing. And It only took ONE day to get it ALL set-up again and running bck to the way it was...and now...this. NOW can you see why I am extra angry about some air freshener sprayed into the newly recovred tank a day later???

It'd be like breaking your leg. And then, after that leg's all 100% healed, then, immediately, someone breaks that very same leg AGAIN due to world-class, ignorant stupidity. Or...you get into a car accident...the car is demolised beyond repair. You then purchase a new car of the same type, because you loved that car. And then as soon as you buy a new one, someone hits that one and destroys that one. Etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2019
  6. KjeldsenValued MemberMember

Wait.. so the neighbors pot smoking was the reason for the air freshener invasion? :D

7. 2211NighthawkFishlore VIPMember

Do a large water change, I've heard laying a paper towel on the water surface can soak up some of the film. Make sure you're getting surface agitation .That's where I'd start .

8. SFGiantsGuyWell Known MemberMember

Yeah. They were smoking it.