Perfect Tank Or Dream Tank

Coryd55
This has probably been posted already but what the heck it might not and here it is.

So tell what your perfect/dream tank would be. Just keep it realistic please like no 20,000 gallon tanks =). Basically what would you do if you had unlimited cash for one tank. Either saltwater or freshwater, or you can tell both.

I can't think of mine quite yet. Ill post it once I figure it out.

COBettaCouple
Yea, we did do dream tanks once, but I think we were starting to spend the GNP of some countries on them.

I'd like a tank about 1000g, bowfront and saltwater, with plenty of liverock and all the hardware to properly setup the tank.

0morrokh
A BIG one. ;D I think it'd be a densely planted FW, you know like those pics you see in magazines of stunning planted Dutch or German aquariums. I'd probably go for interesting/unusual smaller shoalers...like different species of tets, rainbows, cories, rasboras, etc. And a few 'showpiece' fish, like a sweet pleco (love gold nuggets), maybe some pearl gouramis, that type of thing...possibly some small, ususual species of livebearers too. Oh and a bunch of cool/rare species of dwarf shrimp. And a mystery snail.

neverendingninja
...mystery snails eat plants.:-X:-\

MagpieTear

243.jpg

Take this tank and stretch out the 'scape to a 125 gallon

Butterfly
Mine don't There's probably too much other stuff to eat LOL
I want.... a 225G freshwater tank with lots of wood, rock and plants and several different species of loaches (some of you knew that was coming )
carol

LittleFizz

Ah, no. Pomacea bridgesiI does not eat living plants. But it will clean up any dead ones for you. Pomacea Canaliculata, often mixed up with the pomacea bridgesii, will devour your plants. And grow to the size of your fist.

neverendingninja
Awesome. Good to clear that up about the snails!

90.jpg

This would be my perfect setup. The light blue area would be a corridor behind the shelves of fishtanks lining the walls...all between 20-75 gal. The green square in the middle would be a very large fishtank, on the order of 6' x 6' x 3'(810gal)

It would be all freshwater, maybe one SW. The middle tank would be heavily planted. The aquascape would be balanced so that the center was effectively the "background". Then, surrounding the middle would be midground plants and finally foreground plants...if that makes sense at all. The entire system would have integrated plumbing systems to simplify water changes, and all tanks would be on central filtration except for the middle tank.

Butterfly
Also... Those tanks that Petsmart keeps plants in? wouldn't it be cool to have that set-up of four tanks with the water going from one tank to another with different kinds of fish in each? There are sponges in the overflow lip, that would keep fish from going from one tank to another. just dreaming
Carol

pistorta
I don't know Coryd55, if I had unlimited funding for a tank, the 20,000 gallon one you mentioned sounds nice to me...if utilities are included.

neverendingninja
Yeah, I didn't get that either..."keep it realistic"...."if you had unlimited cash"...yeah, that's realistic.

angelfish220
Isnt MagpieTear's tank the winning lanscape tank from TFH? I love that mag I think that makes me a nerd
I would want something like neverendingninja's tank setup only the walls would have 3 layers of tank, the top would be saltwater the middle brackish and the bottom freshwater. In the tank in the middle of the room would be my turtle's tank

TheEssigs
I think I might like a wall tank... you know, one of those specialty tanks that separate one room from the other, that you can view from either room... a freshwater, somewhere in the 500 to 1000g range... planted similar to magpies pic above...

oh, and a fish guy who comes and cleans it twice a month.

Coryd55
Alright then. Take out the realistic part lol

angelfish220
a personal fish tank cleaner would be great! I would be able to enjoy my fish and feed them and everything only someone else can vacum the gravel

MagpieTear
Isnt MagpieTear's tank the winning lanscape tank from TFH? I love that mag I think that makes me a nerd
Yup, that tank was the best in show setup from the 07 AGA contest. The owner is Dave Chow from Hong Kong. He is a part of the Creative Aquascape Union. (Caution, you will loose hours drooling at beautiful tanks if you click that link!) I'm a firm believer in "Do your own thing" but when I saw that setup, it rang such a strong chord with me I said "I gotta do that!"

Jimold
Right now I'm looking at an Oceanic 140 gallon show tank. It's roughly 48"x24"x24". It's a big cube screaming for a garden. But it's like $1300.00. Right now, this is my dream tank. As for how it would look... just look at my bowfront tank now and imagine it 3 times bigger... lol!

49.jpg

COBettaCouple

Right now I'm looking at an Oceanic 140 gallon show tank. It's roughly 48"x24"x24". It's a big cube screaming for a garden. But it's like $1300.00. Right now, this is my dream tank. As for how it would look... just look at my bowfront tank now and imagine it 3 times bigger... lol!

Shrimpy
I know what mine would be like. It would be just like the fish tanks in my favorite LFS. Everything is just perfect, the fish love it, and they are interesting to look at. Been going there my entire life( which isn't very long) and they've always left me satisfied.

:;kmg

pinky93
Angel man
I would love (not going to happen) a 125 gallon tank that is taller than wider what is rounded on the front and has a walnut wood trim and a beutiful stand. It would have a sand bottom with drift wood, live plants, fake anchor, a sunken ship, and a fake skull. For fish I would have 8 angelfish, 25 neon tetras, 10 zebra danios, 3 cory cats, and maybe a butterfly fish. If I had that I would have to be in heaven because there is no way I could afford it. unless... LOL just kidding!!!

Coryd55
Ok I just thought of mine. It would be a fish tank room. The walls would all be one giant fish tank that continued into the floor and in the middle would be a 1 sq ft column that would be connected to the tank. It would be planted with sand on the floor. The floor would be 4 ft deep and the walls 4 foot wid. The ceiling would also be 4 ft deep. It would have assorted Tanganyikan cichlids and a few MalawI cichlids. The room would also be 20 ft by 20 ft. =)

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Witchydesign
Replies
Views
Basil
Replies
Views
newbie101
Replies
Views