Perfect Convict Cichlid Pair?

TheEssigs
Here is a pic of my convict pair...

191.jpg

TheEssigs
They have been paired up since 8/18... so I'm not sure sure how perfect they are... I'm still waiting for babies!!

TheEssigs
im

TADA!! We now have convict fry!

Tom
Not even 4 days later and you have fry. Congrats. I think that they will do the dance.
Tom

TheEssigs
Here is the pic.... She tried once before and nothing happened, so when I made the original post... she was exhibiting behavior but I wasn't sure it was going to work.... BUT I guess it did....

clear.gif

TheEssigs
Sorry about the pic, but I can't get good fry pictures... I think its me, not the camera, but you can see some of them... I'm glad we waited cuz we were thinking that she might be laying bad eggs... but I guess the first time something happened. We almost bought another female! Whew!

TheEssigs
We moved our "Target Fish" this morning, to our newest tank (the 46g), that isn't quite ready... so I hope they make it... we left our Raphael in there, so I hope they don't beat on him too much, he rarely comes out... so I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

Funny though, I usually feed my unwanted fry to my convicts... but what will I do with all these convict fry?

TheEssigs
Sorry about all the posts, but I m so excited!

Howeyg
wow congrats man I think that photo of th fry is pretty decent hopefully ill have a thread like this some tI'm ein the next 2 weeks with my gbr

TheEssigs
Here is another pic, with Mom and Dad

clear.gif

TheEssigs
Ok, I have a better picture today...

209.jpg

armadillo
TheEssigs
Thank you! They are really quite amazing fish... for aggressive fish, they have great little personalities, and love to show off!

and now we have little ones!!

darkwolf29a
Congrats on the little ones.

I'm hoping to get my second batch soon.

armadillo
Wow, really?! Congratulations!!!

TheEssigs
I tried to count them...but, I don't think I was too successful. I took a picture and numbered the ones I could see in the picture, and there were 89 ... So I assume that I have a little more than that...

I'm not sure what I am going to do with them all... ???

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TClare
Replies
Views
StarGirl
Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views