Pepper Cory Is Hurt, Need Help Diagnosing

Steven1999

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
IMG-0296.JPG
Hello all,

I came home from work this morning to find one of my buddies floating sideways on top of the water. He can't seem to swim down and periodically gets air from the top. From my understanding (which isn't massive) it could be swim bladder issues. Is this true? If so, what to do to save him?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I came home this morning from work and found my Pepper Cory floating, thinking it was swim bladder. Since I've came back about two hours later he has gotten stuck on to the filter. Can someone help diagnose what is wrong with his gills now? Thanks

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

pagoda

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Can you tell us what your aquarium is like, size, cycled etc please as that will really assist in trying to discover what went wrong

Thank you

Steven1999

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
20 Gallon in my avatar picture, has been up for several months now. I feed them Fluval Bug Bites for Cichlids 1x a day. 5 Corys one Golden Mystery. This started with him sometime this morning.

Can you tell us what your aquarium is like, size, cycled etc please as that will really assist in trying to discover what went wrong

Thank you
Do you advise I remove the white fuzz? I need to leave shortly unfortunately and need to make a decision on it.

is your water in good condition? do you do water changes?
I do weekly water changes at 25%, clean the algae out weekly. I’ve never had Ammonia spikes, lots of plants so I’ve never really checked for Nitrate,trite.

Sorry for the rush, I had to leave to help my sister move today. I really wanted to stay next to the tank the whole time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom