Peoples Thoughts?

1. i

insanejim69 New Member Member

Well today I went to my LFS to purchase a few more Long fin Danio's ........ just to add a little bit more to the top of my tank. ......

The shop owner asked what other fish I had, and when I told him, he was very very surprised that they even get on, never mind having been together for around 8 month (all together as a group). The fish in question are ........

1 - Betta (had 8 months)
    1 - Opaline Gourami (5 years old, and my first ever freshwater fish that I bought)
    2 - Angels (had 8 months)
    9 - Long fin Danios (had 1 year)
    4 - Platys (had 1 year)
    8 - Black Phantom Tetras (had 16 months) ......... and
    4 - Beuno Aires Tetras (had 2 years)

I personally have had no problems at all with these fish living together. Just wandering if anyone has any insight as to what he meant ??

Tank is around 180-200 litres (UK) and is an Eheim tank ......... and running an internal Fluval U4 and an external Eheim Ecco Pro 130 (soon to be Eheim Ecco Pro 130 and Eheim Pro 2224 together) with a Jager heater, and an Eheim 100 twin supply adjustable air pump.

many thanks

James

:)

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

If its working, and has been for that long, don't add anything to the tank. Don't even rearrange the tank, as that can set the Gourami and Betta off, even. Thats really neat that you've got something like that to work. Just shows that theres an exception to every rule ;)

What he meant was that Bettas should not be kept with fin-nippers such as the tetras you have, and the Danio's, and Gouramis and Bettas typically don't mix because they are related, and have little fishy 'tutes.

3. soltarianknight

soltarianknight Fishlore VIP Member

Akari, what if the tank is not.. adequate for these guys and its the stress effect?

Id like to ask what your setup is.

4. OP
    OP
    i

Oh right ..... is it also strange that my Betta hangs out with my angels ?? :;pirate :lol:

Also my Gourami is very shy, but playful, seems to like hanging out with the danios :eek:

James

5. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Usually, fish go psycho when they are cramped up. Thats not to say that the tank is adequate or not, because the size of the tank wasn't listed ;)

6. OP
    OP
    i

Tank size now updated above :)

James