People Should Be More Like Fish

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I went with my grandson to a pediatric cardiologist this past week. I was looking at all the children in the waiting room. Some had oxygen backpacks on their back, some had masks over their nose and mouth, and some had walkers and wheelchairs. I felt sorry for each one of them. I thought about how difficult life would be for them in our “perfect” world. Then I got up to go look at the fish tank. I saw one fish that was deformed with an apparent spinal injury. He was swimming around with the community, happy as could be. No one treated him different or bullied him. I had to smile as I thought, “If people could just be like fish.”

Attachments

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Yikes, that is a bad spinal deformity!
Extremely true I love this thread, makes me think.

sloughdog

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
And after what the world witnessed with little Alfie James Evans, every life is too precious to just let it slip away.

Goldiemom

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
sloughdog said:
And after what the world witnessed with little Alfie James Evans, every life is too precious to just let it slip away.
That was a very tough case. I use to be on the bio ethics committee of a hospital. My responsibility was in assisting families through the difficult decision making process. I witnessed some heartbreaking moments.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom