penn plax " Sea Pony" ? Has anyone ever heard of this aerator?

rip_van_winkle

I just recived a penn plax sea pony from a friend who had fish like 4 years ago. Of coarse, it came with no instructions, and I don't know where she got it. I've googled it some six times and I never get anything. Has anyone even heard of this thing? I went to the penn plax site and it looks like they don't even sell them any more - just repair kits. Also this is my first time haveing an aerator, soo I don't really know what's normal, or if this thing is actually working. Also I don't even know how to instal it ect. Some body please help!

~Hannah

Gargoyle

Well....

1) Plug it in... Does air come out of the hole on the side or where ever it may be ?? If so then it is working.

2) Connect a air line to the hole where the air comes out. (air line tubing can be found almost anywhere fish are sold. It is a special type of tubing for aquariums)

3) Connect the other end to an air powered decoration or air stone ,bubble wand, etc and put it in some water..

4) if bubbles come out your good to go.. Place it in your tank and let the bubbles fly!!

rip_van_winkle

Ok

1.) As far as I could tell there was air coming out of it

2.) I hooked it up to the tubeing, (And a bubble stone) but no air came out. I checked and made sure that it wasn't some thing in the air line, and I blowed it and stuck it in the water, and bubbles came out of it. (Very fun!!! )

3.) There is no ajustment switch on the out side any where, and the screws holding the lid in place were so rusted that it striped the screw just trying to get the screw driver in! It may sound like a brand new aeriator. ??? :

~Hannah

Gargoyle

Alright it may not be powerful enough anymore to get air into your tank. It may be time for a new one... I would like to recommend one if you do not mind. There is one out there made by Whisper. It is blue and is shaped kinda funny with 4 legs. Very nice and barely any sound at all. ;D

rip_van_winkle

price? crosses fingers - less than 15 $$$? for a 10 gal? Hopefully?

Oh and in case you were wondering this is the same product but not mine

hopefully it worked :

rip_van_winkle

How does this one look to you? It is Whisper brand

Gargoyle

rip_van_winkle said:
How does this one look to you? It is Whisper brand
Yeup that's the one!! ;D

Latest threads

Top Bottom