Penguin Filter Silencing-ness

Oblivion
Well, I got a brand new filter, for my 29 gallon tank of course, and the filter is running very nice and is very quiet, but the only problem is that the water splashing from it flowing out fast is very loud. Is there any way I can make this noise more quiet?

Dino
Raise the water level in your tank.

Oblivion
It is already high and its still pretty loud

Dino
Try placing some filter floss or a filter sponge across the overflow.

Oblivion
Okay dokey, will do

COBettaCouple
Is the water level at the max for the tank? Our penquins have no water splash at all when the water level is at the max. The outflow is pretty close to even with the water level.

Oblivion
Not at max but about and inch less from the rim...maybe two

COBettaCouple
During the week, our tanks lose an inch or 2 of water and there's a surprising amount of difference in the noise.. just an inch seems to give you that mini-waterfall noise.

Trpimp147
that's how my tank is too. I lose a little less water due to putting glass covers on my tank but since its cold out house is vary dry so the tank is being sucked dry I try and add a gallon or 4 a week

atmmachine816
Is it a penguin bio-wheel? If it is the first several months it will be noisier because the wheel is new along with the rest of the filter. As the wheel ages it will accumulate more material on it and will slow down requiring more water to make it push slowing down the water flow. There is not much you can do besides what Dino said for the first several months.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Dunk2
Replies
Views
Cichlidude
  • Question
Replies
Views
MrsPancakes
Replies