Pellets Vs. Flakes

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
My current stocking plan is a Dwarf Gourami, Guppies, Black Phantom or Lemon Tetras, Sterba's Cories & Malaysian Trumpet Snails. Do they/will they all eat the same thing? What is better, pellets or flakes? Or is it just a fish preference? What is the best foods in addition to pellets & flakes for these fish? I'm planning on getting New Life Spectrum as my main brand of flakes or pellets.

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
A general NLS flake or pellet would be fine! They'll all eat the same food. Flakes or pellets will work, though I would get sinking pellets for the cories (but not algae wafers - they're not algae eaters or herbivorous). In addition to flakes and pellets, frozen foods would be good additions a few times a week.

ValerieAdams

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
TexasDomer said:
A general NLS flake or pellet would be fine! They'll all eat the same food. Flakes or pellets will work, though I would get sinking pellets for the cories (but not algae wafers - they're not algae eaters or herbivorous). In addition to flakes and pellets, frozen foods would be good additions a few times a week.
What kind of frozen foods/brands?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Sarah73 said:
can I see the lemon or black phantom? I will gladly identify your fish.
From my understanding, OP is not having a problem IDing the fish. It sounds like she hasn't picked a species yet.

imba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
in terms of pellets vs flakes. I prefer pellets solely because they are less messy

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom