Peering through the glass!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ziabis, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Ziabis

ZiabisWell Known MemberMember

Ok you know if you look through the front of the aquarium water it normally appears clear, but then you look through the side, it gives you the real appearance. If it's cloudy or not...

Well I like to do that, BUT my tank is close to the wall and my wall color is sort of beige/yellow.

So, what can I do to get a realy picture of what my water really looks like?

I hope you understand what I am getting at?

Thanks...

2. aylad

ayladWell Known MemberMember

Get a photo, preferably a clear, well-lit one, and tape it to the glass next to the wall... then have a look at it from the other end. :) If you want, you could get an aquarium background cut to fit the end glass and just leave it on full-time, or you could just stick it up when you do a clarity check.

3. OP
    OP
    Ziabis

Ok cool thank you...

4. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

You can put a background on the side of the tank, since you won't ever be viewing from there.

5. Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

You could relocate the tank?

6. ZeeZ

ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

Pick up a photo of Scarlett Johansson and tape it to the side.

Then you'll forget about if the water is clear or not. :)

7. Magoo

MagooFishlore VIPMember

Tut tut ;) lol

8. Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

Ahaha! i died :p you guys are crazy

9. Ethan

EthanWell Known MemberMember

zeez i rarely click like but... scarlett is so... smoking.. hot.. i couldn't help myself ;D

10. OP
    OP
    Ziabis

I really have not other place for it and I like it behind my couch. I can look behind and take a peek at my friends... But that would certainly be a drastic option.

11. Bettalover99Valued MemberMember

Have you thought about locating it in another room you enjoy.? Maybe a den , bedroom, another family room.? Even kitchens ?

12. ryanr

ryanrModeratorModerator Member

What about turning the filter off so the water is still, lifting the lid and looking down ;)

PS - Zeez, OTF et al -> Keep the conversation clean. Thanks.

13. ZeeZ

ZeeZWell Known MemberMember

If you died, how did you post? ;)

I did, thanks, Ryanr! :)

Back on topic, I've had the same problem as you do. I repainted my living room walls from a extremely ugly green to a tan-ish color in my old rental house and it made my 40 Gallon breeder look cloudy when viewed from the side, which bothered me since I would sit beside it and look at it sometimes to watch it when there were commercials on the TV or something boring.

My answer: I made a wall of tall plants. I put in Rotala and bunched it up close so it would block most of the wall's color.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice