pearl scale goldfish/

flipper7

Reaction score
Fatso is a 2 inch pearl gold fish. He is swimming on his side on a 1 gallon fish bowl not filter. . He goes in to shock if I transfer him to a 2.5 gallon starter kit with a filter.. why?
I also see dark dots on his sides. he seems to like it better in the bowl. He stays on top of the bowl all the time though. why? When I got him he was normal.

pls help me. I want to save him. I want to be able to get him in the filtered 2.5 aquarium . thx.

Dino

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Slowly acculmate the fish to the filtered water by adding a small amount to the bowl over the course of several hours.
say a cup full at a time.
Take a cup full of water out of the bowl, then place a cup full from the filtered container to replace it.
Refill the larger container at that point.
Repeat several times.

Even the 2.5 gallon is way too small for that size gold fish.

For it's health, you need to get it a larger container very soon.

Dino

Peter243243

Reaction score
You will need about 20 gallons for the first Goldfish to feel good. I have made the same mistake as a beginner.

OP
F

flipper7

Reaction score
Is it ok to use poland spring water for a gold fish.? have not tried it yet.
I get water delivery every month . do I still put water conditioner on spring water for the fish.?

thanks

Stradius011

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
flipper7 said:
  Is it ok to use poland spring water for a gold fish.?  have not tried it yet.
I get water delivery every month . do I still put water conditioner on spring water for the fish.?

thanks
No. The tap water contains a lot of minerals that are important to your goldfish. The 2.5 gallon aquariumis way too small. Your pearlscale goldfish can grow to 10 inches.

New Threads