Pearl gouramis for 50 gallon tank

Wolfgang8810
I'm goung to be getting 2 or 3 pearl gouramis in my 50 gallon tank what should I look for when picking them out? I was thinking 1 male and 2 females,.

Tom
I'm goung to be getting 2 or 3 pearl gouramis in my 50 gallon tank what should I look for when picking them out? I was thinking 1 male and 2 females,.

I think those are the best ratios for almost all fish.
Tom

Wolfgang8810
I got 8 cardinal tetras instead. will pearls still be ok with them? congrats on the undefeated season so far

Kevin
maybe, maybe not...you could try, just keep a close eye on them for the first week or 2

Wolfgang8810
Wolfgang8810
its a 50 gallon tank with lots of hiding places

Kevin
again, it might work...it might not
i've heard of angels eating small fish...and i've heard the small fish stress out, and nip the angels
most people keep angels in their own tank...maybe with a couple bottom feeders

MrWaxhead
I have 1m and 2f pearls in my 50 gallon with cardinals with no problem what so ever. Granted mine are still young the pearls that is, that may change some as they start to get frisky hehe. But so far no problems at all.

Kevin
you also have a huge school of cardinals, so they feel pretty comfortable living w/ a couple pearls

fordtrannyman
I got 8 cardinal tetras instead. will pearls still be ok with them?

My experiences are that Pearls and Cardinals inhabit great with each other. I would not mix Angels and Gourami though.

Wolfgang8810
ive decided to go with SMALL angels ones that are only about the size of a quarter.

Kevin
you do realize they will get to be around 6" ea., and if you get a breeding pair...your cards will most likely become a pre-spawn snack

Wolfgang8810
I figure if they grow up together the itll be ok. plus how long will it tanke for angels to ge tto 6 inches?

Kevin
well, i've seen angels breed when they are around 2.5-3 in. long, but it will probably take around 1.5-2 yrs to reach adult size...I think...but I have only researched them, so you might want to ask in the angel forum

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Wickette
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
eligri
  • Question
Replies