Pearl gourami odd behavior

Mlg222

Just this morning I found him swimming low. He’s staying at the bottom of the tank versus his normal top corner where all his floating plants are. He isn’t lethargic or anything & he is swimming fine... but he’s looking at himself in the glass at the bottom a lot and just hiding really low down.. he’s always at the top so to see him down low is concerning. My angel fish likes to chase him but it’s never been a problem before.
I also just fed and it didn’t seem like he wanted to eat... which is unlike him too.

I just had a huge loss of rainbowfish due to a Chinese algae eater I had to rehome... I don’t want to lose him too :(
I just did a water change & added some stress guard. He is really just hiding down low in the plants & the every so often goes up for air & then swims back down. I have never noticed this behavior until today ☹️

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 16
  • B9BEAF81-846B-4A8B-9178-FAE4C3785824.png
    B9BEAF81-846B-4A8B-9178-FAE4C3785824.png
    619.6 KB · Views: 17

Wouldratherwatchaquarium

It does sound like it is stressed and hiding from the angel. I couldn't keep gold gouramis with my angels. Despite the gouramis being pretty large they were very nervous and hid which encouraged the angels to bully them. Home you don't have to rehome him but I did with mine.

Upvote 0

Mlg222

It does sound like it is stressed and hiding from the angel. I couldn't keep gold gouramis with my angels. Despite the gouramis being pretty large they were very nervous and hid which encouraged the angels to bully them. Home you don't have to rehome him but I did with mine.
I have had him for 6 months this is new behavior. I want to upgrade to a 75 & get him/her some others to shoal with

Upvote 0

Noroomforshoe

Its best not to keep angels with gourami. They are both territorial top-dwelling alpha dogs. Pearls may be the most peaceful gourami, but they can cause damage if they want to. Angels are no angels, never forget that they are cichlids.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

40 Gallon Tank Pearl Gourami gender?
Replies
Views
OldMikeyJ
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
Replies
Views
Purplemermaid