Pearl Gourami Missing Scales

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by DylanM, Aug 3, 2017.

1. DylanM

DylanM Well Known Member Member

Recently, as I was doing a water change I set the siphon down in the tank for literally 5 seconds to set something down. I look back and my pearl gourami has swam into the siphon! I know it didn't suck her up because its not that powerful and she always follows it around when I clean the tank, so I'm not that surprised. After removing the gravel vac part from the hose and shaking it gently to loosen her up, she swam out the back. I thought she was fine at first until I noticed a bunch of scales in front of her dorsal fin had been torn off her back, with the white tissue underneath exposed. I finished the 50% water change, and now I am dosing with stressgaurd on top of my normal plant fertilizers. I really don't want her to get any worse, she is my favorite in the tank, what else can I do to prevent her from getting an infection? My water parameters are fine, is clean water + stressgaurd enough?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  2. OP
    OP
    DylanM

Bump, really need help!

3. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

Keeping the water clean, and your parameters good. Keep doing water changes to help heal her. The scales should come back, but slowly. If you notice an infection then you would do some meds.

4. OP
    OP
    DylanM

Okay then, thanks.

5. clk89

clk89 Fishlore VIP Member

Your welcome, hope it goes well for your pearl gourami. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice