Pearl gourami angry

GouramisAreSuperior
I have a male pearl gourami that used to be really nice until we added one more glofish and he just blew his top and started chasing everyone because that one glofish loves to be fat and now the others are following suit and now all 6 glowfish love being fat and now hes really angry please help he hates my glofish and the anger is spreading to the other fish especially the female pearl since she's the second biggest fish in the tank

Crispii
Tank size?

Feohw
Have you added plants? Floating plants (and other plants too) helped to calm my male down a bit, though he is still a jerk. They feel comfortable with them there and it helps to block line of sight too.

Fishymom64
I’d separate the glofish

GouramisAreSuperior
60 gallon tank. No option to separate

kallililly1973
Can't comment on a mean male Pearl. Mine is a saint he gets along and eats well with everyone Guppies,Serpaes,Vonrios and more guppies... Can't say how he is when its pitch black lights out but i've not had any casualties directly related to him or any of my other fish that I can see. He is in a heavily planted 55 with tons of cover from top to bottom. He has claimed the very center of the tank and everyone steers clear of him. Heavily planted for a gourami is usually the go to answer.

GouramisAreSuperior
Mine needs more plants oh ok I literally only have 8 small java ferns

DoubleDutch
Third thread about the same issue.

Follow the earlier given advise.

GouramisAreSuperior
ok

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Aprilbeingbasic