Peacock update

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Flowingfins, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Flowingfins

Flowingfins Fishlore VIP Member

Hey fishlore, we got some more peacocks! We are now up to 4 males, 1 female, and one baby.

2 boys have names, Percy(short for Percival) and French Fry(he likes French Fries)
    The baby has a few names that are up in the air. We are calling it baby for now because we don't know it's gender, if it's a male, his name will be Chewy. If it's a female it may be Prissy. Wiley is also an option.
    The female and two of the males don't have names yet(although we've taken to calling the female Mamma since the baby is hers)
    We are supposed to get one more male(the alpha). He got smart and won't go near people so they can't catch him.
    There was another female, but she ran off and we haven't seen her in over a month.
    We are getting the peacocks from a friend who just bought a barn. Her dogs will kill the peacocks so she offered to give them to us. They've been slowly catching them for a few months now. They actually caught two males while we were vacation, so we weren't expecting the two other males.
    Pictures tomorrow. I didn't want to disturb the momma and baby anymore today, so I didn't take any pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Cool, congrats! I absolutely love peacocks, they're gorgeous (drool) Good luck with your little one!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

3. BornThisWayBettas

BornThisWayBettas Fishlore VIP Member

That's so awesome!! :D

4. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

Thanks guys:) once I take a shower I'll go get some pics. Were fencing off another stall today(baby can for through the bars and the top is open) because the boys are picking on it. We put the baby in a cage for the night so it didn't get killed.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

5. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

Pictures!

Percy and French Fry

One of the unnamed males and momma in the background

Momma guarding her baby

The baby

The other unnamed male. This one has different wing feathers than the others.

The males lose their tails in summer, its completely normal. We have a huge bundle of tail feathers.

6. BornThisWayBettas

They're so gorgeous!!!! :D

7. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

Thanks BTWB:) we're running out to get some mealworms for baby soon. It should enjoy them.

8. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

We have decided to start breeding mealworms!(Baby loved them sooooooo much). We are trying crickets tomorrow(not going to breed them though).
    Anyways, baby and mommy have a new home! All credit goes towards the guys that came out and put it together though.

They will be adding a perch for them tomorrow.
    The boys cage will also be getting a major upgrade tomorrow.

9. BornThisWayBettas

Aw, good for them! :D

10. OP
    OP
    Flowingfins

They're both so happy now!

11. Bijou88

Bijou88 Well Known Member Member

Looks like a cozy little home for them! Glad everyone is settling in nicely. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice