Peacock Gudgeon

1. mccann1987 Member Member

I have a 23gallon/105 litres long with 4white cloud mountain minnows, 10 neon tetra, 1 fire red dwarf gourami, 4 amano shrimp and 1 nerite snail. Tank temp is usually 22c-23c. I know it is on the warmish side for the white cloud mountain minnow however I already had these before I upgraded tank 6months ago so decided to keep thenm as it's just on the boarder of there optimal temp.

My question is taking into account the size of tank and current stocking would i be able to add a peacock gudgeon. (If I can find them, iv never actually seen themon sale.) If not any other fish I could maybe add. I have pea gravel substrate so I have been holding back on the corys due to not having sand as substrate.

Thanks for reading. Below is picture of tank ca1b72cfb47a5537cd475cc484a0fcc9.jpg

2. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

I think you could add one or two peacock gudgeons, but I would lower the temperature to 21-22c. The honey gourami will be fine and the neons, WCMM and peacock gudgeons would prefer it.

3. mccann1987 Member Member

OK great and thanks. 22c seems to be the lowest my tank can go and that's at room temp. I have a temp adjustable heater, it's not been turned on for months now. It's only really needed in winter. It's not uncommon for the tank to creep past 23c from time to time. I live in the uk.

4. Anders247 Fishlore Legend Member

I agree, you can add 2 peacock gudgeons.