Peacock gudgeon problems.

Cue

So I have a nice group of peacock gudgeons, but I’ve noticed some things happening.

1. One of the females is missing. I haven’t seen anything of her in two weeks, even after I tore apart the tank and did a water change. I’m worried they’re decaying in a rock somewhere and will throw the parameter balance off whack, anything I can do about that?

2. One of my ‘females’ who I thought just had weird genetics (no black stripe) is male now. A very polite (and pretty) male, granted, but still male. Late bloomer, perhaps trans fish, I don’t care it’s all cool.

So, should I get another one? I feel like four is my limit for a 15 gallon, but I’m not sure a 1:1 ratio will work. I really need someone to just straighten this out for me; should I decide now or wait and see?

BigManAquatics

That's your decision, deoends how they act. As far as the missing one, it is probably ate by now if it died.

Cue

That's your decision, deoends how they act. As far as the missing one, it is probably ate by now if it died.
That’s what I thought. I’ll see how they are now, pick up a new girl if I don’t see her by next week.

Gudgie

The 1:1 ratio will probably be fine, just keep an eye on them periodically.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Filmpunk18
Replies
Views
jkkgron2
Replies
Views
Cheesecake
Replies
Views