Peacock Goby Tank Advice Needed (20g High)

1. inFERNal_inFERNo Initiate Member

Hello all. In the process of essentially raising my dilapidated 20 gallon high from the dead, I have gone through a ton of trial and error and second guessing when it comes to my stocking. Currently, the tank has one surviving lemon tetra in it from its previous iteration. I really wanted fish that were hardy colorful and most of all able to adapt to somewhat hard water and a planted tank environment. I also planned on getting more lemon tetras to give my buddy a friend so compatibility was a priority. I think that I have found just the fish- the peacock gudgeon/goby- from what I understand they stay small are plant friendly, peaceful, colorful, chemistry adaptable, and best of all somewhat easily breedable. They also seem to go well with the parameters of my lemon tetra school I hope to establish.

My questions come in the form of if my water chemistry really works for them, and also what sorts of caves should I create for them. I also have some pause with my fine grain eco-complete planted substrate and if it would work for them. I, in addition, would like to know if my stocking plan makes sense and does not overstock the tank. Finally, I would like to know more about what they eat. Some say they only really eat live food, others say they will eat anything (maybe wild caught vs. tank raised?)

Water Chemistry:
    pH: 7.8-9
    GH: 10
    KH: 8

Equipment:
    Eheim Classic 150
    Finnex 24/7 Planted+
    Aqueon Quietflow 10
    Aqueon Pro 100w heater
    Eco-complete substrate
    Lid

So here is the stock I came up with:

2 x Peacock Gudgeons (Tateurndina Ocellicauda) (not entirely sure how many but I've heard they are dirty fish)
    8 x Lemon Tetra (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis)
    4 x Amano Shrimp (Cardina multidentata)
    2 x Nerite Snail (Nerita sp.)

Thanks in advance!

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Giving this a bump up for you

3. inFERNal_inFERNo Initiate Member

Thanks for that

4. BottomDweller Fishlore VIP Member

That stocking sounds fine

5. inFERNal_inFERNo Initiate Member

I was told on another forum to add another pair of peacock gobies. They said that people overestimate their bioload and as long as you have enough caves they would coexist happily. Thoughts?