Peacock goby and pea puffs

JazzieGurl

So I spoke to the lfs and they said that peacock gobys are fine to be with pea puffers. Since they went in the male has been chasing the larger pea puffs.

Must admit I thought the problem would have been the puffers if there was gonna be one. He won't really leave them alone its been 3 days and contemplating moving the 3 peacocks to my bigger community tank.

Do you think that would be a better idea? Really didn't think they'd be aggressive, read that they aren't aggressive and meant to be really peaceful.

I'd be happy to move them if that's the right decision or do you think he'd calm down.

Betta'sAnonymous

Mine have been peaceful so far. Some of them try to swim with my tetras!

JazzieGurl

Betta'sAnonymous said:
Mine have been peaceful so far. Some of them try to swim with my tetras!
Huh so strange thought they'd be really peaceful too. My other tank is all community fish like tetra, corys etc so maybe suit that tank better

Think I'm gonna try and plant it more and see if that improves it

Chris1212

When I first added a school of small glowlight tetras to our tank that already had two peacock gudgeon, they chased the new fish around for a few days before settling back into the peaceful routines. Now they all swim together, especially feeding time

Betta'sAnonymous

I do have 7 of them, so that may help, as well. Want an even 8, biught i bought the store out and they haven't got anymore in since i bought them all! A harder fish to find in my area, anyway.

JazzieGurl

Chris1212 said:
When I first added a school of small glowlight tetras to our tank that already had two peacock gudgeon, they chased the new fish around for a few days before settling back into the peaceful routines. Now they all swim together, especially feeding time
Well that's good to know thank you. I've just add more plants to the tank and some more cave areas. Fingers crossed I'll leave them for a few days and see what happens. They are all new to the tank so maybe its a territory thing too
Betta'sAnonymous said:
I do have 7 of them, so that may help, as well. Want an even 8, biught i bought the store out and they haven't got anymore in since i bought them all! A harder fish to find in my area, anyway.
Yeah I had a hard time finding them too actually hence why I'm really trying to make this work. Do you feed live or do they accept flake/pellet food?

Latest threads

Top Bottom