Peacock Eel Tank Mates?

Gameynerd23
Hello, I'm curious about good tank mates for Peacock eels. Would they do well in a group of 2+ or would they be better solo? What non-eel tank mates could the peacock eel have? I haven't gotten the tank yet (or the fish), I'm just looking for future reference. The tank will be somewhere between 55-65 gallons, just btw.

Thank you for reading and for the help!

P.S. I know I'm posting this twice, but I don't know how to move threads to different forums. Sorry, I'm still learning the site.

AcornTheBetta
Gameynerd23 said:
Hello, I'm curious about good tank mates for Peacock eels. Would they do well in a group of 2+ or would they be better solo? What non-eel tank mates could the peacock eel have? I haven't gotten the tank yet (or the fish), I'm just looking for future reference. The tank will be somewhere between 55-65 gallons, just btw.

P.S. I know I'm posting this twice, but I don't know how to move threads to different forums. Sorry, I'm still learning the site.
From Aquadise.com:
"Many tropical fish can go with peacock eels! The trick to finding the perfect tank mates is by taking note of the size of your eel’s mouth. Whichever fish you end up choosing should not be able to easily be eaten!

While some hobbyists have had success, for the most part, this means that small tetras, guppies, shrimp, and other small invertebrates should be avoided. However, these eels will do great with rasboras, hatchetfish, rainbowfish, and swordtails."

Gameynerd23
AcornTheBetta said:
From Aquadise.com:
"Many tropical fish can go with peacock eels! The trick to finding the perfect tank mates is by taking note of the size of your eel’s mouth. Whichever fish you end up choosing should not be able to easily be eaten!

While some hobbyists have had success, for the most part, this means that small tetras, guppies, shrimp, and other small invertebrates should be avoided. However, these eels will do great with rasboras, hatchetfish, rainbowfish, and swordtails."
Cool, thank you for the info.

MatthewEel
Gameynerd23 said:

Right know I just bought my self a baby eel. I have some smaller fish in my tank also. It all depends on how big your eel is. If anything test some cheap fish and if some are missing in the morning you know you need to buy bigger fish.

Latest threads

Top Bottom