Peacock Eel And German Gold Or Blue Ram?

Jordan44

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi everyone. Would I be able to keep a peacock eel and either German gold rams or German blue rams together? I know tank size requirements for both but I am wondering if they will get along?

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You can use AqAdvisor to see if your stock is compatible, but don't stop asking on this site as sometimes AqAdvisor will miss something.

Jordan44

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thanks so much! Sorry but I really find aqua adviser very confusing.
I am planing on getting a 30 gallon tank (live plants) and adding the following after cycling:
Bloodfin Tetra
Gold Ram
German Ram
Peacock eel
(maybe another school of tetras)
mystery snails

I was wondering if this is compatible.

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I put most of the information into AqAdvisor because I'm not experience enough to give out advice on stocking yet. According to the site there is no issue with the stock besides the peacock eel will out grow your tank and you should stock at least 6 of the tetra. I couldn't find gold ram on the site so you'll need another person's opinion on that. I also think you may be able to put another tetra school in and maybe do 7-8 per school or do one large tetra school.

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If I had to guess the eel would prefer sand as it could dig around and it would be easier on it's body. Smooth gravel could probably work but the eel might be less content with it.

MikeRad89

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Smallest tank I'd keep a peacock eel in would be a 40b. You definitely need sand, and once it's full grown those rams will be eaten.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom