10 Gallon Tank Peaceful Wild Betta

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
I’m thinking of upgrading my downgrading back to a 10G for my Betta :D This would not be done for a few months as I’d do this for myself for my 21st but I figured it’s never too early to start the research ;)

I’d keep his current 5.5G as a QT. My current 10G holds Chili Rasboras and Green Neon Tetras so I’d
not want to stock those in another tank too.

I know Ember Tetras would work, but I think they would be a bit similar to my other nano schoolers. With planted cover, would CPDS still be nervous/shy? I’ve also never kept Corydoras but I have wanted to, so I think Habrosus are an option.

My current ideas were-
Habrosus Corys
Lambchop Rasboras
CPDS-Could be a colour clash
Would Kuhli loaches be too cramped?
Peacock Gudgeons? A pair?

Also, I figure he’s a peaceful buddy since he’s left my remaining shrimp alone for 2/3 months without any issues. If anyone has any advice here that could help too :)

SM1199

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
CPDs are awesome and I'll always advocate for them. Mine come right to the front of the tank at feeding time.

If you're worried about fish being too shy, I wouldn't get the kuhlis. They're known for completely disappearing in a tank.

I would not do peacock gudgeons. The ones I had at one point were aggressive. Seems like it might be a fluke because a lot of other people have had good luck with them, but I would not want to put one or two potentially "large" personalities in with the also potentially "large" personality of your betta (what species, by the way?) Peacock gudgeons are very colorful and flashy and your betta could certainly see them as a threat even if he's fine with shrimp.

I'm not sure if your list is a stocking list or just an ideas list, but if I were you, I would only pick one schooling species to go with your betta. It'll let you boost their numbers and will give you much more visual unity in a small tank. Good luck!

emilyyyyy

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I completely agree with the above post. I think one schooling species of a larger number would look so beautiful :)

OP
LadfromLondon

LadfromLondon

Well Known
Reaction score
emilyyyyy said:
I completely agree with the above post. I think one schooling species of a larger number would look so beautiful :)
SM1199 said:
CPDs are awesome and I'll always advocate for them. Mine come right to the front of the tank at feeding time.

If you're worried about fish being too shy, I wouldn't get the kuhlis. They're known for completely disappearing in a tank.

I would not do peacock gudgeons. The ones I had at one point were aggressive. Seems like it might be a fluke because a lot of other people have had good luck with them, but I would not want to put one or two potentially "large" personalities in with the also potentially "large" personality of your betta (what species, by the way?) Peacock gudgeons are very colorful and flashy and your betta could certainly see them as a threat even if he's fine with shrimp.

I'm not sure if your list is a stocking list or just an ideas list, but if I were you, I would only pick one schooling species to go with your betta. It'll let you boost their numbers and will give you much more visual unity in a small tank. Good luck!
Cheers guys! I think I’ll stock a school between the Lambchops or Habrosus because CPDS just won’t work out colour wise :( It’s a Betta Mahachai by the way :)

emilyyyyy

Reaction score
Experience
2 years
LadfromLondon said:
Cheers guys! I think I’ll stock a school between the Lambchops or Habrosus because CPDS just won’t work out colour wise :( It’s a Betta Mahachai by the way :)
Sounds good! I wish you luck :)

New Threads