Pea Puffers And Amazon Puffers? Question

Discussion in 'Puffers' started by Xx_Gemstone_xX, May 22, 2018.

1. Xx_Gemstone_xX

Xx_Gemstone_xX New Member Member

I have a 20 gal aquarium and I am hoping to stock it with some species of freshwater puffers

Can an Amazon puffer live with a dwarf puffer as a tank mate?

If not, what would be a good combination of freshwater puffers for my 20 gal?
    I’m looking for something that is bigger than pea puffers but will live happily in a 20 gal

I have the means to feed them and am willing to take care of the amazon’s beak if needed

I currently own a pea puffer and he is happily living in one of my two 10 gals

I use the other 10 gal for culturing snails

(I always have the option to separate the fish if things don’t work out)

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. Bry

Bry Valued Member Member

Amazons get like 5 or six inches and need about a 20 gallon alone. Pea puffers, from what I've been told, can be mean little things. I looked into getting them and apparently to even have other Peas with them they need the tank to be heavily planted just so they don't really see each other.
    I would stick with either the Amazon, or maybe a Figure 8 puffer. I've kept 2 Figure 8's together in a 20 gallon before. (Though I was advised not to) and they would play together.

3. OP
    OP
    Xx_Gemstone_xX

Don’t figure 8 puffers need brackish water?

4. OP
    OP
    Xx_Gemstone_xX

and Yes the little pea puffer I have is definitely aggressive

5. puffer boi

puffer boi Well Known Member Member

no, thats pretty dumb idea ifs hes aggressive.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice