1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

Pea Puffer

1. Little John

Little John Valued Member Member

WIN_20180619_15_38_55_Pro.jpg I just thought this was worth sharing because it is kind of cool, most of you probably know those pea puffers normally stay on frozen food their whole life but somehow I got mine to eat pellets and bug bites:)

2. IHaveADogToo

IHaveADogToo Well Known Member Member

That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! How did you do it? Giving them no choice?

Advertisement

3. OP
    OP
    Little John

all I did is put it in the tank once and he ate it he also only eats food that is sinking or floating.

Advertisement

4. puffer boi

puffer boi Well Known Member Member

doesnt all food sink or float?

5. OP
    OP
    Little John

Yes, but once it touches the bottom he wont eat it.

6. IHaveADogToo

IHaveADogToo Well Known Member Member

No 10 second rule?

7. Raizinhell

Raizinhell Valued Member Member

I preach about Fluval's bug bites. I have yet to see fish reject it!

8. OP
    OP
    Little John

yep once the food hits the bottom he wont eat it if its dry food, but if its frozen he will eat it on the ground.

9. sloughdog

sloughdog Well Known Member Member

My puffer will eat from tweezers which helps with the mess. But she is picky. If the bloodworms are too long, won’t eat it. If the mysis shrimp are soaked too long in garlic, won’t eat it. If the food touches the substrate, won’t eat it but if the food lands in the java moss, she loves searching for it. Eats snails but I’ve never witnessed it, just find the shells. She is a character!